Re: [nde] Embraced by the Light

  • monty w
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 22 10:28 AM
      I have not read this book but I was at a funeral of a very young child once and I saw a tall gangly "fellow" for lack of a better word dancing around a tree when the deceased childs head move and eyes open is just one example of light or dark that I have seen.
      I also once freed a man from what torment he had received at residential schools as a child and tormented him all his life just by commanding the spirits that controlled him to leave and I have experience with interceding over residential school buildings where you can no longer hear the footsteps and cries of the children who suffered and perished in these atrocities.

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 22 5:26 PM
        Dear Alya
        Betty Eadie is a wonderful honest lady and i believe her experiences are very real
        hugs Helen

        To: nde@yahoogroups.com
        From: contune2000@...
        Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:28:39 -0700
        Subject: Re: [nde] Embraced by the Light

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 23 10:58 AM
          Thank you I will lookfor this book and put it onto my list to shop for when I go to a bigger city next week

          I enjoyed Betty Eadie's book. I must of purchased it 3 times and gave it away each time. 'God is Love' is the message that I got from her book.. I have learned from reading many NDE books that the NDEs become stories- because we are unable to talk about the past -without making it a story. Betty's story is based on her own perceptions and her own interpretations and we take from everyone's story what 'means something to us'..

          From the stories I have read about the 'spirit world' it 'appears to me' (or my opinion) is that many things can happen if a spirit chooses NOT to enter the light. What power does this 'near earth or lower realm' spirit have? Only what we give it.. Let me say that perhaps the Ouija Board and a few other 'other worldly' attempts at reaching the spirit world can create some unpleasant experiences. The message here, I believe, is to leave it alone. The exception to this may be that some believe there is a benefit to praying for those who have passed on.. The 'loving light' realm is at such a high vibration that we are less likely to make contact.

          I do recommend Focusing on the 'NOW' since that is all that truly exists for us.

          Love, Noni

          On 3/22/2013 11:15 AM, alyasolet wrote:

[...]

        • Venugopal AK
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 23 8:37 PM
            Order online. Most books are available online. And many a time the cost is less than a book store.http://www.amazon.com/Embraced-Light-Betty-J-Eadie/dp/0553565915
            Her NDE : http://www.near-death.com/eadie.html
            Here is criticism of her and her book : http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/eadie.html
            Regards
            vg

            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 24 12:10 PM

                    Hey Alya...

                  imho, the only good and evil that exists is in each owns perceived world, outside of it, there is no good and evil... it is just a perception of the human animals egoic consciousness of awareness ...

                  imho, just because someone writes a book about an nde that they "may" have had, does not necessarily mean they had one. There are many ulterior motives for such a book, one for self glorification or even religious recruitment...

                            ;o) Bruce.

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 25 10:40 AM
                Well your world is made up of your words and I have had many encounters with evil in the real world as we call it and in the spiritual world as well

                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 25 10:45 AM
                  Ty but I like to shop the old way

                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 26 5:09 PM
                    Dont know if I am 'gonnagetkilled' for this: I think God is everything:
                    the good, the bad, the ugly, the sweet, the powerful, the weak, he is all
                    indulging, creating, promoting, gracing, punishing, destroying.
                    I believe when I suffer or I am happy he is part of the experience, when
                    the animals and little creatures suffer he is part of the sufference and the
                    creation of that too. He can feel the wind blowing over the ocean waves and still
                    be part of that wind that give the ocean power to destroy..it is all his act and
                    part of it is us feeling the pain and fear, all to give him the experience he needs
                    to create more and change and re-create, so much time on his hands, he is busy.

                    I would not mind all that if it were not for this bad eye vision, I like to be in charge
                    too. I need a miracle but he likes me this way, weak at his own pleasure, my ego
                    is his ego too, he is like a cat who il leaking his own pain through me and all.
                    He is the mouse and the cat that chases the mouse, and the mouse fear experienced
                    by his little heart, and on...........................for ever God

                    love, Alya

[...]

                  • Noni
                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 26 7:47 PM
                      Dear Alya,
                      So many people accept the idea that God exists. But we don't all agree on our definition or description of 'God/What Is'. From what I have learned its that 'truth' is too big for our human minds to grasp. But we can recognize pointers to the truth.

                      I believe I understand why you are thinking of God in the way you described..

                      I will end this post with a link to my favorite prayer -whenever I find myself in a situation that I can't change but wish I could.
                      http://www.cptryon.org/prayer/special/serenity.html
                      Love, Noni

                      On 3/26/2013 8:09 PM, Alya Solet wrote:

[...]

                    • Linda Stewart
                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 27 11:40 AM
                        Dear Alya,
                        Gosh, no one gets “killed” (I know you were using humourous hyperbole) for expressing an opinion.  And we all have rights to express differing opinions (unless we say “I am right and you are wrong”).
                            Let me ask you – do you really thing “God” gets pissed if his neighbor’s dog pisses on his yard?  Do you think he plots revenge if someone wrongs him?  Do you think God, who is love, would ever batter, beat and abuse a helpless child?
                            Using the “child” examples again...If truth is God, then does the child who thinks he is seeing monsters in the closet is seeing the truth?  Or do you think the child is not seeing correctly and can grow in understanding, shedding light into the closet and seeing that there are no monsters?  God doesn’t make mistakes or have misperceptions.  We are God’s “children” and we have free will, which enables us to make decisions and choices that will lead us ever closer to understand the truth of who we are.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 27 2:07 PM
                          I agreee people only get censored and demonized by young republicans and other radio personal that hate freedom of speech

                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 27 3:53 PM
                            Dear Monty,
                            Anyone who sees me on Facebook is very clear about which party I support.  That said, this site is not political and we politely ask you to refrain from political comments unless they are philosophically or spiritually based.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 27 4:38 PM
                              Dear Linda

                              The only way I can explain who we are is the Buddhist and Hindu way.

                              According to the philosophy of life they think that we start as rocks,
                              then plants, then animals, including insects, later humans, if lucky we'll
                              pass to divinity or become less intense like aliens and move on to
                              better places, where like aliens we will be able to heal our body with just
                              a touch, or through the VRL power the Masters of the Earth have.

                              But lets
                              say the Hindus and Buddhists are wrong, then what? I cannot believe that
                              we only have one life and all, good and bad, will go to heaven
                              at the end or
                              just disappear from existence, there is something to this life and the reason why
                              we are living it.

                              The reincarnation makes lot of sense to me, if one is
                              evil or cant get rid of the animal self, he or she has to come back and
                              try again. The fact is that rocks, plants, insects, animals, birds, humans
                              the air, the mountains, the stars, all planets are part of God, just another form
                              of this universal truth.

                              Why does God need sufferance here on this planet - that
                              only He knows. I hope I will get some answers after death.

                              If I were God I would take pain and suffering away, make all
                              happy and get humanity busy studying for universal knowledge,
                              expand everyone mind and soul that way instead
                              of let them all hang out in hospital beds, homeless,  on the streets,
                              lonely, I am from New York and know much about all this.

                              There is compassion involved in learning about being humans but
                              not for 100 years, we learn and go, we learn and go to a better place.
                              Enough of this, let me learn about Sirius, Orion, Zetas Stars and its people,
                              then more and
                              more of that,  enough of this...love you

                              love, Alya

                              Message 14 of 22 , Mar 27 6:40 PM
                                Dear Alya, If I may respond with my own thoughts while you are waiting for Linda's reply..

                                Eckhart Tolle speaks often about consciousness and he has made me 'think' about many possibilities about what our physical life is about. He suggested that we try to imagine that we are nothing but awareness/consciousness.. (We/I) are just existing with no thing other than an awareness of being.. All of the sudden, a light appears in the distance.  (We/I) notice the light and for the first time we are aware of a 'here' and 'there'. As a result our consciousness has grown in its awareness..

                                How can a 'new consciousness' have more awareness? What else is there? What is cold if we have not 'felt' cold or hot? What is feeling 'good' if we never felt 'bad'?

                                All this made me 'think again' about how some NDErs had said that we come into this physical existence because it is a place  for 'rapid spiritual growth'. They said there is 'growth in awareness' in the spirit world but it is slower growth than coming into the physical world..

                                Please know, that I don't know if this is 'true' or not.. But this may be one way we can understand how everything we experience may be important. Would we appreciate happy without experiencing what sad is?

                                This is just something I think about at times.. It appears to me that I have to learn who to accept this world 'as it is' and not as I would like it to be.. IF this physical existence -was our only existence- it would appear to not be designed well at all.. But if we know that our consciousness continues to exist and continues to grow in awareness.. then this life would be worth every breath we take..

                                Love, Noni

                                Message 15 of 22 , Mar 28 8:54 PM
                                  Dear Alya
                                  Oh, i love reading your posts,isn't life just magestically magical, there are so many mysteries in this world, we are so blessed to be a part of it,stay with us friend and let's watch what happens as we go through many surprises in search of self,i ,like you , love the tantalising knowledge of other worlds ,other places and other beautiful souls ,  maybe  we will overcome the lower vibrational ones';;';'smiling;;) on our way  through the ethers ,and make it home to a world  where pain is no more.
                                  Higher vibrations,yes,that is why we are here,to lift our frequency to a higher dimension of love as we listen to the silent messages of greater things to come
                                  HUg Helen

                                  To: nde@yahoogroups.com

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 2, 2013
                                    All rightthank you for the information and I will no longer make any political comments

[...]

                                  • valerie sumner
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Apr 2, 2013
                                      From Valerie,

                                      Oh gee Freedom of speech was not allowed here. From Monty. Poor Monty like me  has to shut that verbal instrument.  But Linda what are your views on that idiot Korean ruler fellow. He want to anihilate USA, he sounds demonic a horror a beast. I think anyway. He should be  shut up. Those Koreans are in starvation and poverty, whilst those  so called leaders live the life of luxury spouting  wickedness and destruction.

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Apr 2, 2013
                                        Sign of our times !! A country like North Kores can threaten the Mighty US with Nuclear Holocaust !! The threat is real, really real. And tomorrow many of that small Arab Sheikdoms and small countries of Africa will be following suit !
                                        Regards
                                        vg

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Apr 4, 2013
                                          ho hum when I was younger that was all this cold war malarky about the "impending" attack. America should have let Doug go right up through to China that would have been spiritually correct!!!

                                          From: alyasolet <alyasolet@...> Subject: [nde] Embraced by the Light To: nde@yahoogroups.com Received: Friday, March 22, 2013, 8:15 AM

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Apr 6, 2013

                                            Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:59 PM
                                            Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [nde] Embraced by the Light

                                            From Valerie,

                                            Oh gee Freedom of speech was not allowed here. From Monty. Poor Monty like me  has to shut that verbal instrument.  But Linda what are your views on that idiot Korean ruler fellow. He want to anihilate USA, he sounds demonic a horror a beast. I think anyway. He should be  shut up. Those Koreans are in starvation and poverty, whilst those  so called leaders live the life of luxury spouting  wickedness and destruction.

                                            Dear Valerie,
                                            Let’s set up a hypothetical situation:
                                            Perhaps I go to a lecture at Yale on the subject of women in politics.  What if I were to stand up and start quoting humorous lines from Broadway plays because I thought that was interesting.
                                                If the moderator of the lecture told me I was being inappropriate, it’s not that he would be squelching my freedom of speech, it’s that I was in the wrong forum for my interests and I was intruding upon people who had gathered for a very different agenda.
                                                This group has a very specific mission statement and guidelines.  If someone doesn’t want to follow those guidelines, they are absolutely free to go to the appropriate group where they can express their opinions with like-minded folk.
                                                Now, about the Korean leader – you asked me what are my views on him.  Since this is a group for spiritual discussion, I would look at him from a spiritual standpoint.  From a spiritual standpoint, I feel compassion for all of God’s creation, even when they are delusional, aggressive, eccentric, or other qualities that are sometimes hard to comprehend.
                                                The NDE has a number of values – one is to reassure us and other people that life never ends.  Another is to be able to EXPRESS THE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE to which we were exposed.  If we are not exploring ways to do that, then we have not benefited much from the experience.