Re: [nde] Good quote

  • Linda Stewart
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 1, 2012
      I Like this quote I dislike this quote“You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience.”

      Teilhard de Chardin

      It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
      Simply, our ‘natural’ or earthly body is a temporary (and perceived) vehicle for a brief experience of the eternal spiritual self.

      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 1, 2012
        Reminds me of another quote : "There is nothing other than Consciousness around you !!"
        Regards
        vg

        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 1, 2012
          Love these! I think we are all on a roll here :). This is the way I've
          always felt. Kind of like the soul picked out the car it needed to use
          while driving around here in the physical plane (earth). We are not the,
          car, it's just the vehicle we use. We are still the body of light (soul)
          we've always been.

          Best,
          Michelle

          > Reminds me of another quote : "There is nothing other than Consciousness around you !!"
          > Regards
          > vg
          >
          > “You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience.”
          >

          > Teilhard de Chardin 1 Corinthians 15:44 KJV King James Version
          >
          > It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body,and there is a spiritual body.
          >

          > Simply, our ‘natural’ or earthly body is a temporary (and perceived) vehicle for a brief experience of the eternal spiritual self.
          >
          > With love,
          > Linda
          >

          > Since the subject of souls has been in discussion - I thought I'd share this good quote (I love C. S. Lewis):
          >
          > "You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."- C.S Lewis
          >
          > Best,
          > Michelle

        • Tim
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 1, 2012
            VG

            we are the conciousness!

            --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, Michelle <93solis@...> wrote:

            > Love these! I think we are all on a roll here :). This is the way I've
            > always felt. Kind of like the soul picked out the car it needed to use
            > while driving around here in the physical plane (earth). We are not the,
            > car, it's just the vehicle we use. We are still the body of light (soul)
            > we've always been.
            >
            > Best,
            > Michelle
            >

            > > Reminds me of another quote : "There is nothing other than Consciousness around you !!"
            > > Regards
            > > vg
            > >
            > > “You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience.”
            > >

            > > Teilhard de Chardin 1 Corinthians 15:44 KJV King James Version
            > >
            > > It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body,and there is a spiritual body.
            > >

            > > Simply, our ‘natural’ or earthly body is a temporary (and perceived) vehicle for a brief experience of the eternal spiritual self.
            > >
            > > With love,
            > > Linda
            > >

            > > Since the subject of souls has been in discussion - I thought I'd share this good quote (I love C. S. Lewis):
            > >
            > > "You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."- C.S Lewis
            > >
            > > Best,
            > > Michelle

          • Eileen Lima

              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 27, 2015
                Hi all,

                I like a good quote and this one was just posted in the Gnostic Sanctuary (on facebook but this is also a real place in California). Linda often speaks about Love, and I agree with her. This quote reminds me of that message. Posted by Bishop Rosamonde Miller:

                Love is something that is new, fresh, alive. It has no yesterday and no tomorrow. It is beyond the turmoil of thought. It is only the innocent mind which knows what love is, and the innocent mind can live in the world which is not innocent. To find this extraordinary thing which man has sought endlessly through sacrifice, through worship, through relationship, through sex, through every form of pleasure and pain, is only possible when thought comes to understand itself and comes naturally to an end. Then love has no opposite, then love has no conflict. You may ask, `If I find such a love, what happens to my wife, my children, my family? They must have security.'

                When you put such a question you have never been outside the field of thought, the field of consciousness. When once you have been outside that field you will never ask such a question because then you will know what love is in which there is no thought and therefore no time. You may read this mesmerized and enchanted, but actually to go beyond thought and time—which means going beyond sorrow—is to be aware that there is a different dimension called love. But you don't know how to come to this extraordinary fount—so what do you do? If you don't know what to do, you do nothing, don't you? Absolutely nothing. Then inwardly you are completely silent. Do you understand what that means? It means that you are not seeking, not wanting, not pursuing; there is no centre at all. Then there is love.  ~Jiddu Krishnamurti, Freedom from the Known, Para. 238-40

                Best,
                Michelle
              • Michelle Stright
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 21, 2015
                  Hello all,

                  This is from the Bishop of the Gnostic Sanctuary (California and on-line), Rosamonde and I liked this:

                  Clothed in the density of the forms of this planet, we come as secret agents, as emissaries of the Ineffable, entrusted with the mission of reuniting and healing the fragmented limbs of Divinity that during the process of creation were broken and scattered within time and space.
                  Several decades are given to each generation to complete its mission. Once our tour of duty ends, the debriefing begins. Did we get lost in the identities we took during our mission? Most agents have gone so deep undercover that they have forgotten who they are or why they came here. They have put on the values of this world as if they were theirs. May you awaken in your lifetime to the gnosis of who you are and why you took physicality that you may consciously complete the accepted mission. Sleepers, awake! It is your time. —Rosamonde Ikshvàku Miller, 2014

                  Best,
                  Michelle