Re: ??

  • John Schofield
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi, Larry !     Thanks for your amusing message, to which my answer is  "Anybody may call me anything they like, with whatever intention.....too old now to feel offense ... maybe also to have become vaccinated against more than a modicum of  praise  !     Interestingly, I've somehow maintained a pretty reasonably good memory as I approach my eighties in this life, along with a not-too-fearful recognition that all of that could be changed subject to the exigencies of health.  You may have noted that I switch from time to time to Spanish or some other language; and that's simply a kind of limbering up exercise.

      Too, I stand apart from my self frequently to take stock of  chains of association when sounding off about something.  They, too are still in reasonably good order.  I'm thankful for that, even as I realize how boring it can get to be for the unfortunate folks who are recipients of my posts or who encounter me in the local store !

      All good wishes for year 2012 c.e. !   Don't trip over any Mayan rocks !

      John....Silent Companion....      (Forgot to start with 'OFF TOPIC' )
    • valerie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2012

        Click Me!
        From Valerie in Oz.

        Hi John I always read your e mails. You are far from a bore.  I also am approaching my end days. On the 7th January I am 70, never thought I would get old. But here I am still buzzing around all over the place, I have more energy than those youngsters out there. All they appear to do is eat huge amounts of fatty food become like balloons, and sit on their backsides doing sod all. Or smoking dope which even though they say they are broke, still find the negotiable currency to buy the drugs. To my mind they are wasters.

        Sunday evening here in Oz. It's been 41o today and tomorrow it is 40o still damned HOT for Man or Beast.

[...]

        FREE Christmas Animations for your email – by IncrediMail! Click Here!
        believed to be clean.
      • Wahaliedoda
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2012
          Well, Valerie.. all I can say is that if you read *all* my mails you deserve an 'Ozkar' ! I carry the stigmata of physical age by now, yet remain reasonably articulate and have that curious inner feeling of being thirty-ish. I hope you're continuing to write your poetry; and i feel envious of the weather which you're finding bothersome. Grey skies and no shortage of drizzle round these parts !

          Do you know of any nde'ers who definitely met with their dearly missed animals ? I'm pretty certain that *you* will when the time is come, together with instant reunion with people who are likely tohave been watching over you compassionately throughout your life, no matter how unpleasant the perceived experiences.

          Lots of Poms hoping to move to Oz right now, including ex-Service personnel...

          Love and all good wishes from John.....Silent Companion..

          --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, "valerie" <valerie120bb@...> wrote:

          > From Valerie in Oz.
          >
          > Hi John I always read your e mails. You are far from a bore. I also am
          > approaching my end days. On the 7th January I am 70, never thought I would
          > get old. But here I am still buzzing around all over the place, I have more
          > energy than those youngsters out there. All they appear to do is eat huge
          > amounts of fatty food become like balloons, and sit on their backsides doing
          > sod all. Or smoking dope which even though they say they are broke, still
          > find the negotiable currency to buy the drugs. To my mind they are wasters.
          >
          > Sunday evening here in Oz. It's been 41o today and tomorrow it is 40o still
          > damned HOT for Man or Beast.

        • valerie
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012

            Click Me!
            From Valerie in Oz.

            We are all reeling from the murderous heat here, but luckily tomorrow will be 37o has been 41o in South Australia, some parts I hear have been nigh 46o.

            But rain is forecast. We are thankful for that, as there have been bush fires lit by a flare indiscriminately fired, by some idiot New Years Eve. But most people have made haste to the ocean dogs and all to cool off. Not written much Poetry of late, out a lot. I'm sitting in front of a Fan so hot here. Melting.ha.ha.One thing though about rain & cold weather, one can get warmer, but when it is HOT if one cannot afford an air conditioner one boils, if like me I go down to the supermarket as there are air conditioners on there Also FOODLAND here allows their customers to have as coffee, hot chocolate, or cappuccino and sit down by a table and supply the latest Newspaper to read.  ALL Free. That's kind isn't it. And keep cool.
            In actual fact years ago in UK, in RUISLIP. Middlesex. I knew a Medium her name was Alexandria Edwards, she was also Claire audiant  I spelt that incorrectly. She also was the Lady who told me I could do Spiritual Healing, She was also a Spirit writer & Painter, she could draw animals etc who had passed on. When Alexandria's Husband Malcolm was dying in Hospital she had a nde with him as he died, she also saw as he did their deceased Collie coming to him, the dog was coming through an archway of golden light towards his bed in the Hospital. As he passed away he was speaking to the dog, Alexandria's house was full of the spirits of dead animals, and I saw a lot of them, as I often stayed over there. That is how I was introduced to the Hall of Mediums in Belgrave Square in London, there I saw Queenie Watts, the Medium, Doris Stokes, and many other Mediums, they also told me I was a natural Medium, which by the way I did not want to be.Bugger that. It was bad enough through my life seeing events take shape of things to happen, where unfortunately in a lot of them I was unable to warn of impending doom. Though some I did, and certain people who I could warn lived, and the others died. Usually in plane crashes. I am glad to say I do not seem to see many tragedies now, I also daresay I am too busy now, I think they came to me when I was in the throes of my nervous breakdown, because due to our mental condition the spirits are able to immerse themselves within our aura. In other words we are not in complete control of our emotions when we are suffering mental problems. Many times john have seen departed animals and many have visited me I have felt them on my bed, walking around and when they lie down, even Pet Rats & Mice have returned to me,Oh yes I have seen them, also as they fade into a silvery mist, after you acknowledge them. I remember a friend of mine her name was Viviene she lived a little distance from where I lived in England, I lived at Stanmore Middlesex, Vivian lived at Mollison Way, Edgware,Middlesex. Anyway I had not seen her for some years, but as I was going to a place named BURNT OAK I decided to visit her, as I drove my car down her street I saw her elderly Father walking along with their old Collie following him, her name was TESS. She was a Merle Collie quite unmistakable to see. Anyway I continued to Viviens house she lived with her Dad, she called him POP. I knocked on the door, and Viviene came to the door, oh she said not seen you for years Val, you have just missed Pop he has gone down to the shop, yes"I replied, I just saw him with Tess following him. TESS-she replied, no you could not have Val, she was put to sleep 2 years ago. Oh Dear, I thought not a good sign, Pop will die soon. Well Viviene I definitely saw Tess with your Dad", 1 week later Pop died. Of course I knew shy, as Tess knew also, she had come for him. True story.