Thank you, A.K......

  • Wahaliedoda
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011
      ...for your observations on this woman - Ganjaji - the 'ji' particle, to the best of my understanding, denoting special respect. I watched her, not on YouTube, but on a page which came up when I Googled the words 'facing death'. The (lengthy) video was available on that same site page. I thought she was going to perform a series of actions with the individuals who were to be sitting with her between shots of gentle incoming sea waves that would be similar to healing sessions, with prayers and incantations; however, to my surprise, she spoke instead about the need to let go, to not hold onto problems from the past,nor to plans or fears for the future. A great deal of laughter took place among the audience, the people onstage speaking with herand the lady herself. Intriguingly, those interviewed by her still had their cancer, Aids and other problems at the end of their respective sessions, along with the medical 'death sentences' relating to very low life expectancy. Yet they seemed at ease, pleased to have met with her and accepting of what had seemed to me at the outset a fixation on death, reiterated again and again in a soft, gentle voice which actually caused me to doze off at one point !!

      I once visited the sacred river, with it's ghats; and I was pleased not to have found the spectacle of funeral pyres as upsetting as I had imagined it to be.

      John....Silent Companion..
    • Venugopal AK
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011
        Dear John sir,
                                     Live in the NOW is what vedanta teaches. And Gangaji is a disciple of Pappaji who is a devotee of Sri Ramana Maharishi who was a great vedantin. Live in the NOW  also means  live peacefully. Don't allow the past to intrude into the present as well as don't allow the future to intrude in the present and trouble the person.
                                     I understand from the internet that Gangaji is a very popular Guru in the US.
        With love and regards
        vg