Greetings, dear friend AK, from the benighted U.K.

  • Wahaliedoda
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2011
      Referring to your latest post, I'd say that, despite all sorts of ongoing demographic, economic and other changes going on in this country, we still seem to maintain a kind of embarrassed (?) silence as compared with the U.S.A. in matters concerning spirituality. So, we seem to get just sporadic Press items when the usual run of scandals and other crass reportage needs a boost !

      I wish you well for that cataract job ! I have macular degeneration (age-related) - and I have a little wager with my self as to which is resolved first - my ability to continue posting, or my departure from Mother Earth !!

      John.... Silent Companion...
    • akvenugopal
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2011
        Dear John Sir,
        Thank you for kind words. For several decades reading was my past time. Now reading has become difficult. I have purchased a 23 inch LCD monitor and some of the news papers I do read daily on this screen. Reading from the screen is very comfortable especially when the letters can be enlarged by pressing the Control and + keys together. I am comforted to know that even visually impaired can use a computer. There is screen reading software and Braille display available for computers.
        It is a miracle (Of God) that Stephan Hawking, in spite of being totally physically disabled, is the greatest physicist alive today. It is more miraculous to know that he became disabled at a very young age. I put (Of God) in brackets, because I know he does not believe in a God.
        As for death, I know it is a transition to a marvelous existence. All eternity is waiting there. I hope it will not become boring (Grin).
        With love and regards
        Vg

        --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, "Wahaliedoda" <john.schofield89@...> wrote:

        > Referring to your latest post, I'd say that, despite all sorts of ongoing demographic, economic and other changes going on in this country, we still seem to maintain a kind of embarrassed (?) silence as compared with the U.S.A. in matters concerning spirituality. So, we seem to get just sporadic Press items when the usual run of scandals and other crass reportage needs a boost !
        >
        > I wish you well for that cataract job ! I have macular degeneration (age-related) - and I have a little wager with my self as to which is resolved first - my ability to continue posting, or my departure from Mother Earth !!
        >
        > John.... Silent Companion...

      • Matt
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
          Hi VG:

          Would you please tell me "Control" + "which key" will enlarge the words on the screen? Thanks.

          About the possibility of "eternity becoming boring," Eckhart Tolle had something to say about it: If he had to live one day after another forever and ever, he'd eventually be bored to death. This is
          the average person's conception of eternity. But there is neither
          time nor space in eternity, Eternity just IS. [I know this is a
          concept that is difficult, if not impossible, for human minds to understand. I certainly don't.]. :)

          Warm regards,

          Matt

          --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, "akvenugopal" <akvenugopal@...> wrote:

          > Dear John Sir,
          > Thank you for kind words. For several decades reading was my past time. Now reading has become difficult. I have purchased a 23 inch LCD monitor and some of the news papers I do read daily on this screen. Reading from the screen is very comfortable especially when the letters can be enlarged by pressing the Control and + keys together. I am comforted to know that even visually impaired can use a computer. There is screen reading software and Braille display available for computers.
          > It is a miracle (Of God) that Stephan Hawking, in spite of being totally physically disabled, is the greatest physicist alive today. It is more miraculous to know that he became disabled at a very young age. I put (Of God) in brackets, because I know he does not believe in a God.
          > As for death, I know it is a transition to a marvelous existence. All eternity is waiting there. I hope it will not become boring (Grin).
          > With love and regards
          > Vg

        • Venugopal AK
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
            "Control" + "+" key. sorry about it. till you pointed out it I didn't realise this mistake. All web pages can be enlarged by this.
            One of my favourite poets has written how much loneliness God will be suffering. From eternity He is alone !! He has no equal to interact with.
            Regards
            Vg

            Would you please tell me "Control" + "which key" will enlarge the words on the screen? Thanks.

            About the possibility of "eternity becoming boring," Eckhart Tolle had something to say about it: If he had to live one day after another forever and ever, he'd eventually be bored to death. This is
            the average person's conception of eternity. But there is neither
            time nor space in eternity, Eternity just IS. [I know this is a
            concept that is difficult, if not impossible, for human minds to understand. I certainly don't.]. :)

            Warm regards,

            Matt

            --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, "akvenugopal" <akvenugopal@...> wrote:

            > Dear John Sir,
            > Thank you for kind words. For several decades reading was my past time. Now reading has become difficult. I have purchased a 23 inch LCD monitor and some of the news papers I do read daily on this screen. Reading from the screen is very comfortable especially when the letters can be enlarged by pressing the Control and + keys together. I am comforted to know that even visually impaired can use a computer. There is screen reading software and Braille display available for computers.
            > It is a miracle (Of God) that Stephan Hawking, in spite of being totally physically disabled, is the greatest physicist alive today. It is more miraculous to know that he became disabled at a very young age. I put (Of God) in brackets, because I know he does not believe in a God.
            > As for death, I know it is a transition to a marvelous existence. All eternity is waiting there. I hope it will not become boring (Grin).
            > With love and regards
            > Vg

          • Matt
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
              Many thanks, VG. All these years, and I never knew!!

              All the best,

              Matt

              --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, Venugopal AK <akvenugopal@...> wrote:

              > "Control" + "+" key. sorry about it. till you pointed out it I didn't realise this mistake. All web pages can be enlarged by this.
              > One of my favourite poets has written how much loneliness God will be suffering. From eternity He is alone !! He has no equal to interact with.
              > Regards
              > Vg

            • James Payne
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
                Our concept of tome is we can measure it, Gor us on earth we break in down into years months days and houra minutes and seconds. All from how long it takes OUR planet to circle our sun. Our ability to see is even dependent on the light of or the sun or reflecting of that light. Right now in limitations of time we see  think think as time to come and time that has past. In reality it is one continous motion.
                The start of our life on this earth to the end of our lives.In other words we confuse age and or travel around the sun as briken down by that. Wheb ub fact we should be considering the who of our lives.as one contunous happening. Part of that can even go vbackwards in thought to how we are here. To our parents and their continous life to our grandparents and their continous life. Theor lives were never solely theor own but both part of their ancestors and on to our children and grandchildren.
                So I have no kids and neither doses  ,y wife. That part of the henerational life ends.  The solits as to brotgers and my sister do. That part lives on. I can control that part of me but that will end the flow through me. We might repent of wrong doing from doing evil but but that flow goes on from birth to death  and has a continous flow all the same. On this earth we are in eternity and not in a pre eternity.Throw that clock out and realize you are respomsible for how you lead your life and also what you give any who follow. All of it past ,present and future is a constant flow in eternity.and you have your etennity now.There is no alpha and omega in US..
                I also believe we will in Heaven be able to see any part of that flow at any time. Yjr things that happened in times past, Overlook that term, the flow of times past and how can there be boredom in that?. All the different lives and through the family trees?. What would I want to see?.
                Maybe first the life of Moses? Maybe more recently like the life of Hitler or maybe JFK?
                Tomorrow has already happened. You may or may not have gained wisdom in that flow. May never have wisdom and be incapable of learning from the flow of others and giv to others to follow the penalty of your mistakes and sins.
                 I believe for that part of you , the spiritual part the eternal part there is only this life the now life. The flow life. No karma as being able to do it again and get it right. We either pass on our best flow or maybe a worse flow. But we will pass it on. What do you choose to be in that eternal flow? There is that choice that you can have. Just remember you cannot change the direction of flow before you nor have control over the flow of those around you or yet to come. The only control is in the now.What are you going to do with that now? THE NOW?

                Jim P