Re: [nde] Re:EMDR - But look at its IADC form

  • Kathy O'Shea
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009

      Dear Larry.. I couldn't write much earlier I had doctors appointments today..

      I was so impressed you sent this.. I just got to finish reading it.  I had looked for something but gave up... and you found it for me.. I am grateful.

      I don't know that much about computers.. but I can only sit for 15-20 min at a time and my legs get numb so I get frustrated and quit. So I am very pleased you found what I wanted...

      Thank you so very much.  I hope others read it and understand better.  It is normal when something is new to a person they ... are critical.. or not accepting.. so it may help others to handle my posts differently now.

      I really appreciated it.  You made my day.. thank you so much.

      fondly.. Kathy

                                                                                                                                      (K)

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
        Kathy O'Shea To: nde@yahoogroups.com  September 01, 2009 [nde] Re:EMDR - But look at its IADC form
        Dear Larry.. I couldn't write much earlier I had doctors appointments today..I was so impressed you sent this.. I just got to finish reading it.  I had looked for something but gave up... and you found it for me.. I am grateful.
        Thank you so very much.  I hope others read it and understand better.  It is normal when something is new to a person they ... are critical.. or not accepting.. so it may help others to handle my posts differently now.

        Dear Kathy,
        As Allan Botkin described in his report:  "I immediately became curious about whatever it was that was producing these experiences. I retraced the steps taken in each case the experience occurred, as well as in each case the experience did not occur. I was able to identify the essential psychotherapeutic components that produced the experience."
            It is a psychotherapeutic technique.  I'm glad it helped some who were grieving or had psychiatric disturbances.
            You know, even the Buddha said to not accept what he said just because he said it.  He said to weigh it against ones own inner knowing to find out if it is truth for them.  Just because someone doesn't embrace what you may find 'helpful' (although it didn't seem to make you that happy) doesn't mean they are being critical; it may mean they look at it and find it either not truthful or irrelevant.  Some on the group believe that past life regressions can give information about the "between life" states, others don't.  Some people believe in pre-destination, others believe in free will.  Some believe in "channeled" material, others don't.
            Just because people offer suggestions or ask questions of you doesn't mean they are being critical.
            I read the article on EMDR and found it - irrelevant.  Botkin described Moody's experimentation with mirror gazing, based on the ancient greek practices.  I visited Moody and Dannion Brinkly at Moody's home for a few days back in the 90's.  I tried out both Moody's 'booth' and Dannion's "Klini".  In Moody's technique, I experienced next to nothing.  On Dannion's Klini, I had a full-blown out of body experience - which was later validated by something I saw happening 1,500 miles away at the time I was doing it.
            I've come a long way since then in my understanding of how we are functioning on this physical plane.
            Everything is happening in our mind, Kathy.  If you like the EMDR, then perhaps that is what is appropriate for you now.  You say you are open to learning - maybe you will find here deeper meanings in the things that you experience in your life.
            I don't know if you were here when I posted Anita Moorjani's NDE with commentary.  I will send it to you privately rather than post it on the group again.  If you read it closely, it could very well be an eye-opener for you.
            Also, have you read Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth" (which we are studying now)?  I highly recommend them.  They can help you live in the NOW with profound insight and meaning.

      • Kathy O'Shea
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009

          Hi .. I am just grateful that Larry took time to find this as... I am so clueless on the Internet.. and it helps to explain EMDR .. better than I can to anyone who is not familiar with it.. hope you enjoyed the info.. I sure did..

           I  saw the post on Anita.. I saved it to take respectable time to read and ponder it.. too often one rushes through and misses the value.. I try my best to avoid that and information the respect I would want...

           I have learned to go slowly and ponder... a great past time.. to ponder..

          Anyone who dismisses the positives of EMDR.. may want to check with more that found it sucessful.. I can speak for myself.. it was one of the most vauluable experiences for me. I don't discount that others may not know the experience.. .I am very comfortable with it and the professional that I worked with.

          Larry's find was a tool that may help anyone understand what I may not have explained as well.

          He did me a great favor... he must be a nice person.

          Kathy

          PLEASE SCROLL DOWN .. MORE COMMENTS

                                                                                                                                          (K)

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
            Kathy, the impulse to respond is frequent, but I try not to do so as
            what I say may not sit well with you. But I guess I will take a chance.
            The first time, I wanted to ask who you are besides a mother. It seems
            to me that your total focus is on your children and not on yourself.
            Perhaps their being grown and not needing parenting has been a tough
            adjustment for you, I don't know. I cannot talk about good parenting as
            I have never been a good parent. What I know is more from reading books
            rather than some innate nature.

            I might be inclined to talk about my feelings, my problems around this
            role and that is about me and not my son.

            As for the emdr, I read and decided it was of no interest to me. I could
            write about various therapy techniques from both an experiential point
            of view and an intellectual point of view. I don't do this as I doubt
            that others would find it interesting or helpful. What I do find helpful
            is being a member of this group and focusing on spiritual truths. I
            would put this experience as better than years of therapy.

            I hope that you will benefit from being here.

            I like the fact that you are very willing to self disclose. I read all
            your posts. What I would wish for is to know you better, but I am not
            talking about your role as a parent nor your role of receiving a
            particular therapeutic technique. It was significant to you and of
            course you would want to talk about it a bit.

            Judy
          • Linda ^i^
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
              Kathy O'Shea To: nde@yahoogroups.com  September 01, 2009 [nde] Re:EMDR - But look at its IADC form

              Hi .. I am just grateful that Larry took time to find this as... I am so clueless on the Internet..

              Dear Kathy,

              Do you have "Internet Explorer" on your computer?  Do you know about Google?  It opens up a world of information.  If you don't know about this, I would be happy to *try* to explain how to use it.

               KATHY:  I  saw the post on Anita.. I saved it to take respectable time to read and ponder it.. too often one rushes through and misses the value.. I try my best to avoid that and information the respect I would want... I have learned to go slowly and ponder... a great past time.. to ponder..

              LINDA:  The researcher that runs the site - Dr. Jeffrey Long - did something he doesn't usually do.  Her NDE and her wisdom was so impressive, he requested an additional, personal interview in addition to the form questions that are usually what most people follow.  If one can comprehend what she is saying, all the "secrets" to peaceful, enlightened living is there.

              KATHY:  He [Larry]  did me a great favor... he must be a nice person.

              LINDA:  Lar is a very, very nice person.  Full of questions and honest, open inquiry.  He's very challenging, in the best sense, because he makes you think about what you are saying rather than just giving rote answers.

              KATHY:  I was so impressed you sent this.. I just got to finish reading it.  I had looked for something but gave up... and you found it for me.. I am grateful.

              Thank you so very much.  I hope others read it and understand better.  It is normal when something is new to a person they ... are critical.. or not accepting.. so it may help others to handle my posts differently now.

              Dear Kathy,
              As Allan Botkin described in his report:  "I immediately became curious about whatever it was that was producing these experiences. I retraced the steps taken in each case the experience occurred, as well as in each case the experience did not occur. I was able to identify the essential psychotherapeutic components that produced the experience."
                  It is a psychotherapeutic technique.  I'm glad it helped some who were grieving or had psychiatric disturbances.

              KATHY:  for me it was a wealth of information on my questions... and shed light on some unknown situations.  it did explain the changes in me that i was ... and now am...

              LINDA:  Now, that would be interesting to hear about!!  So far, all you've said about it is that it initiated a memory or reexperience of the fleeting bliss you had when you were having surgery.  Then you talked about how you couldn't talk about it and it made you cry to think about it.
                  You said we could ask questions,.........so
              1.  How did it shed light on unknown situation?
              2.  When the light was shed, did you find answers to explanations for the situations?
              3.  What changes in you did it explain and what were the explanations?

              (Linda)    You know, even the Buddha said to not accept what he said just because he said it.  He said to weigh it against ones own inner knowing to find out if it is truth for them.

              KATHY:  and each person path is unigue.. how exciting

              LINDA:  Indeed.  And it becomes exciting when those paths can be explained in a way that may help a person who is still struggling to put pieces together.

              (Linda)  Just because someone doesn't embrace what you may find 'helpful' (although it didn't seem to make you that happy)

              KATHY:  oh there was pleasure with each opportunity to revisti .. the state.. of BLISS.. to remove some unknown... that was a joy

              LINDA:  This is what you haven't shared yet and why the process doesn't seem relevant.  If it helped you to "remove some unknown", then maybe if you explained what became known it would be easier to relate to.

              (Linda)  doesn't mean they are being critical; it may mean they look at it and find it either not truthful or irrelevant.

              KATHY:  that is  why we are all so very different and that is amazing

              LINDA: I don't think you've heard what I've said because you aren't responding to it.  Here's what you wrote and to what I was responding:
              "I hope others read it and understand better.  It is normal when something is new to a person they ... are critical.. or not accepting.. so it may help others to handle my posts differently now."
              This sounds like you thought people were being citical, not accepting and you wanted to 'help' others to handle your posts differently. The point I was making was not that we are all so different and amazing - what I was saying is that just because someone doesn't embrace what you may find 'helpful' doesn't mean they are being critical; it may mean they look at it and find it either not truthful or irrelevant.
                  Do you realize people are not being critical?  And that they may read the material and still not agree with it but that it doesn't reflect on you nor do they need to understand it "differently"?

              (Linda) Some on the group believe that past life regressions can give information about the "between life" states, others don't.

              KATHY:  I agree.. and there are so many that discount them all together because of one's imagination. . or lack of a professional involved.. that is their mistakd and loss... maybe it makes them feel uncertin in themselves.

              LINDA:  Are you saying that people are mistaken and had a loss if they discount past life regressions, etc.?

               (Linda)  Just because people offer suggestions or ask questions of you doesn't mean they are being critical.

              KATHY:      I  hope the information answered questions better than my weak attempt to do so... and each has their own ponder to add to it

              LINDA:   No, not at all.

              LINDA:     I read the article on EMDR and found it - irrelevant.  Botkin described Moody's experimentation with mirror gazing, based on the ancient greek practices.  I visited Moody and Dannion Brinkly at Moody's home for a few days back in the 90's.  I tried out both Moody's 'booth' and Dannion's "Klini".  In Moody's technique, I experienced next to nothing.

               KATHY:    i am sorry it was not a good experience for you but from the paragraph below you did find your path .. that is wonderful

              LINDA:  ??  I didn't say it wasn't a good experience.  I simply said I experienced next to nothing with Moody's technique.  That's neither good nor bad, it's just a statement.
              Do you have a path?  Mine is really simple.  It's enlightenment.  Do you have a definition for that?  We talk about it often here and I would be happy to tell you my understanding of that if you are interested.

              (KATHY:    is that not the most exciting part of it .. and it keeps on giving... and growing

              (Linda)    Everything is happening in our mind, Kathy.  If you like the EMDR, then perhaps that is what is appropriate for you now.  You say you are open to learning - maybe you will find here deeper meanings in the things that you experience in your life.

              KATHY:  the wonder of it all .. is that as I take time to ponder.. and ask.. and read.. it is part of the adventure.. and often .. for me.. life has given me opportunities to grow / learn/ and change as well as be even more convicted in my knowings.. there are often some things a person just knows.. and as time goes by that is confirmed... I value that opportunity in this group and other places.

              LINDA:   While I respect that you treasure your time with Kati, this is what I am really interested in - your knowings, what you have come to understand, what applies in your life NOW.
                  Also, have you read Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth" (which we are studying now)?  I highly recommend them.  They can help you live in the NOW with profound insight and meaning.

              KATHY:  Thanks for the info on that .. i have checked some of  them out on line.. again they deserve more time and respect than my brief looky.. so i will look into them deeper in time... they seem to be source you find rewarding so that is great ... and i have heard of other recomendations and opinions on them.

              LINDA:   If you are interested, I can send you the book studies we have done up to the present.  That way you would see where we have gone with his posits.  Just let me know and I'll send it to you privately so you can study it in your own time.
            • Amandala
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 22, 2009
                Very cool, Larry. Thanks for the link.