Re: [nde] Ghost Inside

  • kiwanis@att.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008

      Gene wrote:  "When I had this encounter - the "spirit" was not in charge of the mental mind.  The mental mind was acting on it's own and without the guidance of the 'inner voice' of consciousness."

      Noni: This is probably as close to truth as I have learned it... This is what Eckhart Tolle is trying to say in his book.

      Gene wrote: "The "inner voice" of his "spiritual ghost" was telling me the "mind" was in slumber to it's existence and would continue to be - until an "awakening" started to take place.

      Noni: We can get so caught up in words.. You say the word 'ghost' and some will get a different meaning from it.. Many will have 'fearful thoughts' when that word is used..
      'The mental mind' -which creates our thoughts (including fear) is not who we 'truly are'?
      IF WE CAN discover that we are NOT our THOUGHTS, we can awaken to our INNER self.. I would not use 'ghost'.. But SOUL, INNER SPIRIT, or OUR TRUE SELF would be better..
      Noni
    • bruce budden
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
           Every living creature is just a spirit inhabiting a physical body and living out a life path of learning experiences.......

             Val, with all you have experienced in your postings, according to this one, are you just awaekening to this perspective now???????

                                                    ;o) Bruce.

        valerie sumner <valerie120bb@...> wrote:
        From Valerie,

        Do you know David, I could relate to what you are saying, I know we have a double within us all, every living creature, even trees have this ghost within, only released when this solid body dies and decays away. It cannot escape for long whilst it is anchored to the earthly living body but at its total demise it  gets out.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
          From Valerie,

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2008
            I always know when my mother is around as i will smell cig;s real strong or Zest soap , diffently my mother ! yr's ago my son won a doll for me a cake walk , I keep it on my dresser  been there for yr's , one day it just lifted up in the air for know reason and landed on the floor, kinda scared me some !

            valerie sumner <valerie120bb@...> wrote:
            Hi Bruce,

            No I am not just awakening to this fact, I have been a odd child also, little Birds would land on my arms and sit with me, I have seen the Spirits of Horses, and all animals and some people. I am drawn to the life hereafter and sometimes see the Spirits of the departed, but not always, I find every day without fail a 5 cent piece or 10 c piece, like a little gift even in paddocks I have crossed over a road for some unknown reason, and there in the gutter is a 5 cent piece. Uncanny. Also this evening I said to my Sister, Oh, lov3ely perfume  just came across the room, she then said a little later I can smell perfume also, now I don't have perfume, neither does my Sister who is in a very depressed state of health, I am looking after her here, and asm trying HARD to remain sane also.ha.ha.
            But  strange things happen around me, why or for what reason I know not. i have even seen a glass which sat on the top of the Organ suddenly lift off the organ and float across the room  as though a Ghost took it. Things dissapear here often, and some weeks later reappear elsewhere. Any body else have these strange events.

            Valerie.

[...]

            Mary
          • valerie sumner

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
                Actually, just this morning I woke up alone in the apartment, and I
                still hadnt opened my eyes, but a very pleasant sweet smelling
                perfume suddenly filled the room, almost smelled like it came from
                the AC vent, but I have never smelled it before and isn't something
                from my place, and no one was there to have sprayed anything. I
                thought it was rather interesting...

                It was soothing though.
                Amanda