Re: [nde] Question to all

  • Happy Elegance
    Message 1 of 60 , May 1, 2008

      Than you David.

      I love Kahlil Gibran.

      With love,

      Janet

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: David King <celestialtravelers@...>
      To: nde@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, May 1, 2008 3:07:29 AM
      Subject: Re: [nde] Question to all

      Janet wrote: Thank you for asking about my son - he is doing really well.  Ever since he was born I am so much more aware of God's presence in my life.  I experience love so much, so much joy and playfulness.  "That is God" - I tell myself over and over again.  I am blessed.

      Reply: When ever I hear of a new parent - I am reminded of a passage I once read after my 1988 NDE.   I thought I would pass it on.

      Your children are not your children.
      They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
      They come through you but not from you,
      And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
      You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
      For they have their own thoughts.
      You may house their bodies but not their souls,
      For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit,
      not even in your dreams.

      You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
      For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
      You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

      The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
      and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
      Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
      For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that
      is stable.

      -- Kahlil Gibran

      Sincerely,
      DKing

      Kuriakon - Infinity
      "One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."   - Carl G. Jung
      Tell me all your thoughts on God - Video

      Message 60 of 60 , May 7, 2008
        Yes, I have noticed many changes within myself since joining. It's
        been over a year now! ;) I am glad you are experiencing growth from
        being here!

        Amanda