Re: [nde] Re: Religion

  • john mcalpin
    Message 1 of 157 , Mar 31, 2007
      --- boopshnagi <twister77@...> wrote:

      > I'm sorry if I sound cynical, I'm simply trying to understand!
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Steven

      * * *

      Steven :)

      i, too, am a christian, but i am not of the mainstream. that said,
      my suggestion to you might be something like this...

      if you dont feel "safe" about leaving the Faith, then dont !! just
      stay with it, and follow the words of Jesus when he said...

      (paraphrased) Seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness,
      and all things that are needed will be added unto you.

      and, while you remain "in the flock," ASK (and keep on asking) God
      to reveal the Truth to you - the Truth about Himself and the Christian
      religion. and then, watch where He leads you .. watch the folks that
      He might bring into your life .. watch the thoughts that come into your
      head, being aware that not all of them are coming from you, and see
      what He will reveal to you. "Seek and you will find. Ask and it will be
      given."

      john mc

      :)

      Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • el-stewart@att.net
      Message 157 of 157 , Apr 13, 2015
        Indeed!  And, yet, religion plays such a very large role in the lives of people.  Even those of us who do not practice formal religious practices, still have a “code”, if you will, by which we live which we think is most in accordance with our higher self.  That’s what religion is at its best.  We’ve all seen it at its worst but that’s just the mind playing at its opposite ends.

        Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 5:10 PM
        Subject: [nde] Religion

        Religion, including the Catholic religion, is a product of man, who is an animal, excepting his spiritual nature.