Re: [nde] Healing (Laying on of hands)

  • Drwilliams
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 30, 2006
      Hi Tx rick,that is a morman blessing. Never heard of it working, but I wish the best for you and your wife. Ray
      Date: 04/30/06 16:18:37
      Subject: [nde] Healing (Laying on of hands)

      Hi all.

      I had gotten a email from Valerie (Thanks a million for your advice,
      Val!) where she told me a few methods of physical healing of others
      by the laying on of hands.

      A former church I attended would anoint a sick member with plain
      olive oil, the pastor would say to everyone that there was nothing
      miraclous in the oil of itself, but through the combined power of
      prayer, the anointing of oil, and laying on of hands...if it was in
      the Heavenly Father's will, that person would be cured.

      Then all of the people present would encircle the sick person, the
      pastor would anoint their head (forehead) and the members would all
      say silent prayers for recovery and healing while laying their hands
      on the ill person as a group.

      Some would get better, some wouldn't.

      What I'm asking the NDE group is...does anyone have the gift of one-
      on-one healing by the laying on of hands and such?

      If s! o, could you describe the methods you use for the enlightenment
      of myself and others?

      Right now, my wife (Hope)is ill, and we have no medical insurance. I
      got a open bottle of olive oil and uncapped it. I prayed for guidance
      and healing powers to be placed within the oil and myself. I
      meditated, "feeling" sensations running to the palms of my hands.
      They felt hotter, like they were "holding" a force.

      I then went into the bedroom, prayed, and anointed her head. I swept
      my hands over her body, shaking them at the end of each sweep to rid
      them of any sickness drawn out.

      I then gave thanks. At first, when I went into the bedroom with the
      oil, my wife looked at me and kind of laughed. "You're going to
      anoint me with oil?" "Yep."

      She laid there and allowed me to do so. Then she fell asleep shortly
      afterwards.

      Did it work? I don't know, we'll find out in the morning. But I did
      sense a presence with us.
      So, does anyone have anything to add, or are there other ways t o heal
      a sick person?

      I'm asking not only for my wife, but also for others who may desire
      healing.

      Many thanks,
      Texas Rick

    • Linda ^i^ Stewart
      Message 2 of 20 , May 1, 2006

        Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 1:04 AM

        Hi Tx rick,that is a morman blessing. Never heard of it working, but I wish the best for you and your wife. Ray

        Dear Ray,
        My brief stint in the Morman Church revealed the "priesthood" to be so heavily prejudicial to the men that elitism could only be avoided by the rare few - and those men were not considered "good" Mormons because they didn't buy into the "specialness" of men.  The prayers and annointments reminded me very much of the disdain expressed in the Bible for "showy praying".  It seemed to be for the benefit of man rather than a sincere heart connection with God.
      • valerie
        Message 3 of 20 , May 1, 2006
          From Valerie,

          That's just GREAT.

          Message 4 of 20 , May 1, 2006

             Hi from Valerie,

            I know all about Kidney infections having had them, get some Stinging Nettles, make up into a brew like tea, hot water, infuse about 1 tablespoon full, leave to brew around 2 minutes,or longer, drink as many cups as desired. Also take some crushed Garlic as this detoxifies the infection in the bloodstream. She may have gravel, I.e.kidney sludge. Boil up some barley, and drink the juice, add some lemon to taste if required. This is BARLEY WATER  the real macoy....
            If you go to a Health food shop you can get some herbal medicines which work wonders. CRANBERRY JUICE IS also excellent for Kidney troubles. Buy that from the store . It cuts down the acidity of Urine. Stinging nettles flush the kidneys out. Garlic clears infections. Barley Water is a demulcent. And Cranberry Juice  heals .

            There you are bugga the Hospital.

            Valerie.
            Message 5 of 20 , May 1, 2006
              Consider it done.

              gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl@...> wrote:
              I hope it's OK to ask for a little help here, in the form of some prayer or positive thought?  I have a friend who is in intense distress - she is, I believe, preparing to take her own life. I have tried for such a long time to help and guide her, I have prayed that God works through me to do the right thing to save her and help her to be happy again for the sake of her children as well as for herself, but sadly things have come to a crisis point.  I believe in the power of prayer and if anyone would help just by praying for my friend, I would be very very grateful.  Thanks so much. Suzy x

              24 FIFA World Cup tickets to be won with Yahoo! Mail. Learn more

            • Linda ^i^ Stewart
              Message 6 of 20 , May 1, 2006
                A privilege, Suzy.  Yes, of course.
                Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 6:58 PM
                Subject: [nde] A prayer, please

                I hope it's OK to ask for a little help here, in the form of some prayer or positive thought?  I have a friend who is in intense distress - she is, I believe, preparing to take her own life. I have tried for such a long time to help and guide her, I have prayed that God works through me to do the right thing to save her and help her to be happy again for the sake of her children as well as for herself, but sadly things have come to a crisis point.  I believe in the power of prayer and if anyone would help just by praying for my friend, I would be very very grateful.  Thanks so much. Suzy x

                24 FIFA World Cup tickets to be won with Yahoo! Mail. Learn more

              • John
                Message 7 of 20 , May 1, 2006
                  will do consider it done
                  John

                  gushoneybungirl wrote:
                  > I hope it's OK to ask for a little help here, in the form of some
                  > prayer or positive thought? I have a friend who is in intense
                  > distress - she is, I believe, preparing to take her own life. I have
                  > tried for such a long time to help and guide her, I have prayed that
                  > God works through me to do the right thing to save her and help her to
                  > be happy again for the sake of her children as well as for herself,
                  > but sadly things have come to a crisis point. I believe in the power
                  > of prayer and if anyone would help just by praying for my friend, I
                  > would be very very grateful. Thanks so much. Suzy x

                  > Unconditional love
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Unconditional+love&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=8v1SJwWitJwMaf03yPZlWA>
                  > Existence of god
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Existence+of+god&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=SS5EdsLC6JObEzlTaIw4iA>
                  >
                  > High
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=High&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=gFRtg_fN7XnosWurXHne8A>
                  > Nde
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Nde&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=xJiU3piZumeeQaTBXLCXdQ>
                  > Beyond belief
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Beyond+belief&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=xQzh-H-vAgG5D8m5Z7NsVw>

                • Dianna Adams
                  Message 8 of 20 , May 1, 2006
                    Suzy, it's entirely appropriate to ask for prayer, and I will be thinking positive thoughts and praying for your friend.
                    Dianna

                    gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl@...> wrote:
                    I hope it's OK to ask for a little help here, in the form of some prayer or positive thought?  I have a friend who is in intense distress - she is, I believe, preparing to take her own life. I have tried for such a long time to help and guide her, I have prayed that God works through me to do the right thing to save her and help her to be happy again for the sake of her children as well as for herself, but sadly things have come to a crisis point.  I believe in the power of prayer and if anyone would help just by praying for my friend, I would be very very grateful.  Thanks so much. Suzy x

                    24 FIFA World Cup tickets to be won with Yahoo! Mail. Learn more

                  • kelvin Li
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 1, 2006
                      Absolutely. I'll pray for your friend, hoping God leads her the right way in the crossroad.

                      On 5/2/06, John <everdusty@...> wrote:
                      will do consider it done
                      John

                      gushoneybungirl wrote:
                      > I hope it's OK to ask for a little help here, in the form of some
                      > prayer or positive thought?  I have a friend who is in intense
                      > distress - she is, I believe, preparing to take her own life. I have
                      > tried for such a long time to help and guide her, I have prayed that
                      > God works through me to do the right thing to save her and help her to
                      > be happy again for the sake of her children as well as for herself,
                      > but sadly things have come to a crisis point.  I believe in the power
                      > of prayer and if anyone would help just by praying for my friend, I
                      > would be very very grateful.  Thanks so much. Suzy x

                      > Near-death experiences
                      > < http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Near-death+experiences&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=7anEVRdRN6UXuchbuE04UA >
                      >       Unconditional love
                      > < http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Unconditional+love&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=8v1SJwWitJwMaf03yPZlWA >
                      >       Existence of god
                      > < http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Existence+of+god&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=SS5EdsLC6JObEzlTaIw4iA >
                      >
                      > High
                      > < http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=High&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=gFRtg_fN7XnosWurXHne8A >
                      >       Nde
                      > < http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Nde&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=xJiU3piZumeeQaTBXLCXdQ >
                      >       Beyond belief
                      > < http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Beyond+belief&w1=Near-death+experiences&w2=Unconditional+love&w3=Existence+of+god&w4=High&w5=Nde&w6=Beyond+belief&c=6&s=112&.sig=xQzh-H-vAgG5D8m5Z7NsVw >

                      >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                      >       Service < http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

                      Near-death experiences Unconditional love Existence of god
                      High Nde Beyond belief

                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    • Drwilliams
                      Message 10 of 20 , May 1, 2006
                        Dear Linda,
                        I was a morman for about 10 years. It's not just the priesthood is that way...it's all the men.  Also, before 1976 blacks were not allowed to hold the priesthood. I asked why and they told me it was because they have the mark of Cain on them.  Then all of a sudden the prez at that time had a "revelation"  that told him it was ok for black people to have the priesthood. If you ask me they are racist's also, and did the "revelation" because they were getting alot of pressure about it.
                        I tried for a long time to belive in that church...I just could not. Much happier now days.
                        Love, Ray
                        Hi Tx rick,that is a morman blessing. Never heard of it working, but I wish the best for you and your wife. Ray

                        Dear Ray,
                        My brief stint in the Morman Church revealed the "priesthood" to be so heavily prejudicial to the men that elitism could only be avoided by the rare few - and those men were not considered "good" Mormons because they didn't buy into the "specialness" of men.  The prayers and annointments reminded me very much of the disdain expressed in the Bible for "showy praying".  It seemed to be for the benefit of man rather than a sincere heart connection with God.
                      • donna berman
                        Message 11 of 20 , May 2, 2006
                          Hi Suzy, i am so sorry to hear about your friend, at least she has you to help her, i also believe in the power of prayer and will pray for her as well, i hope that she is able to find peace and be well again, take care, Donna x

                          gushoneybungirl <gushoneybungirl@...> wrote:
                          I hope it's OK to ask for a little help here, in the form of some prayer or positive thought?  I have a friend who is in intense distress - she is, I believe, preparing to take her own life. I have tried for such a long time to help and guide her, I have prayed that God works through me to do the right thing to save her and help her to be happy again for the sake of her children as well as for herself, but sadly things have come to a crisis point.  I believe in the power of prayer and if anyone would help just by praying for my friend, I would be very very grateful.  Thanks so much. Suzy x

                          24 FIFA World Cup tickets to be won with Yahoo! Mail. Learn more

                          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                          Switch an email account to Yahoo! Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets.