New member from Texas says, "Howdy!"

  • Rick K.
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
      PERSONAL PROFILE:

      Name: Rick

      Email address: jokerdubya@...

      City and state: Conroe, Texas

      Near death experience? (Yes/No): No

      Out of body experience? (Yes/No):Yes

      After death visitation? (Yes/No): No, but I'm trying mighty hard to have one.

      If so, briefly describe (optional):
      OBE when I was 21. I had a dentist's appointment. Before I went, a friend told me that the Dentist would give me laughing gas. He also explained that the Dentist would poke my gums with a sharp instrument and ask if it was sharp or dull...to tell him it was sharp.
      I did. The Dentist cranked up the gas a little more, and left the room for a few more minutes to let the gas take effect.
      I remember lying back, totally relaxed. I was laughing to myself because I could raise and wiggle my arms and couldn't feel them.
      When the Dentist came back, he began working on my bad tooth. Suddenly, without any conscious effort, I was ABOVE the light that was shining in my mouth. I could see my mouth wide open, and see the Dentist working away. I could even see the back of his balding pate.
      I remember chuckling to myself, and watching with interest what was going on. Then I was back in my body.

      After the effects of the gas wore off, I drove home in a daze. I couldn't believe that I had left my body and was hovering near the ceiling watching the Dentist work on me.

      To be honest, it scared the living daylights out of me! From that day on, I viewed Dentists with suspicion, as if the entire A.D.A was out to produce strange effects on unsuspecting people with their nerfarious laughing gas. I refused to take it again...afraid of "losing control."

      As I got older and read up on OBE"s (thank God for the Internet!) I realized that what had happened to me was common, and that I wasn't going crazy after all. LOL. Would I do it again? Probably. It seems that if you can take short OBE trips that it would help lessen the fear of death. Besides, I'd like to talk with my son and relatives that went before me. That would be wonderful.

      Brief personal philosophy or law of life:
      We are NOT humans having a spiritual experience - we are spiritual beings having a human experience. The little things you do and don't think much about, a smile, a shoulder to cry on, an encourging word...may not seem like a whole lot to you, but can profoundly affect someone else's life.
      Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

      Religion(s) of interest: Independent. No longer affiliated with any particular religion.

      Any brief thoughts concerning:

      Reincarnation?: True. I'm trying to rediscover my past lives and know myself through meditation.

      Astrology?: Uhhhh... the jury's still out on this one.

      Angels?: Definitely.

      The future?: Changeable by our actions.

      Psychic phenomenon?: I believe in intuition, feelings and dreams.

      Favorite nder(s): Howard Storm. I would have loved to talk with him.

      Favorite nde book: Life after Life. I found that book at a used bookstore for $.25 cents. Little did I realize what I was getting into! A truly eye-opening book.

      Favorite quote: Whether you think you can...or you can't...You're right!
                             --Henry Ford--

      Peace.
      Rick

      Yahoo! Mail
    • vespasian051@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006

        We are NOT humans having a spiritual experience - we are spiritual beings having a human experience

        Hi Rick
        Welcome to the group.
        Your phrase above really hit home to me!  I will repeat it, if I may?

        Tojo
        from England.

      • jokerdubya
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
          --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, vespasian051@... wrote:

          > We are NOT humans having a spiritual experience - we are spiritual
          beings
          > having a human experience
          >

          > Hi Rick
          > Welcome to the group.
          > Your phrase above really hit home to me! I will repeat it, if I may?
          >
          > Tojo
          > from England.

          By all means, Tojo. I read that somewhere in a post, and it stuck with
          me.
          I don't believe that there are any repercussions from using that
          phrase...besides, if it will make people stop and think, so much the
          better!

          Peace,
          Rick
        • sunnibergeron
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
            --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, "Rick K." <jokerdubya@...> wrote:

            > PERSONAL PROFILE:
            >
            > Name: Rick

            ---snip---
            > After death visitation? (Yes/No): No, but I'm trying mighty hard to
            have one.

            -----REPLY-----

            Welcome, Rick. i, too, am new to this list. hopefully, i can help you
            a wee bit with ADC, after death contact.

            stop trying.

            learn to be quiet and to trust yourself when you fleetingly "feel"
            or "hear" someone. the voices i "hear" appear to be either directly
            behind me or above the crown of my head. when i "feel" a presence, i
            sense them by a special feeling from my solar plexus up through my
            shoulders and upper arms. sometimes that's accompanied with a warm
            glow of emotion, happy or worried, depending on the message the
            entity/person wishes to convey.

            whenever i get an unexplained worried feeling, i know to immediately
            pay attention closely to events going on around me or other people
            (still corporeal) i am connected with. something is about to happen
            that can be avoided if we open our eyes/hearts or something needs to
            be remedied or someone needs emotional support. i know these warnings
            come from someone, but i never can identify just which so i tend to
            think it's more than one person at a time trying to convey something
            particular.

            hth --sunni