Run for the NCTTA Board!

  • NCTTA Elections Manager
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Dear NCTTA members,

      The National Collegiate Table Tennis Association is looking for new
      officers for the 2006-2007 NCTTA season. NCTTA
      is a recognized 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization
      and expanded considerably to include 16 active divisions and more
      than 100 schools. Without dedication and hard work of our officers,
      NCTTA would not have become as successful as it is today. We hope to
      continue our success in the upcoming season with help of new
      officers. One does NOT have to be a student to be an officer of
      NCTTA, we encourage working professionals and schools alumni to take
      part in the governance process.

      Working in NCTTA one can generally count on putting in anywhere from
      10 to 15 hours per week and sometimes more, work is mostly in the online
      variety thru email or
      chat rooms, though sometimes teleconferences are needed. One needs to
      have access to email _regularly_ and furthermore know how to use
      NCTTA's email system as one is expected to use our email for NCTTA
      business.

      Anyone who is passionate about College
      Table Tennis should want to get involved as the NCTTA is a very young
      organization where you can look to get involved immediately and
      develop a foundation in the arena that you are passionate about.
      Currently the positions are all volunteer and there is no pay per
      say, as much as the intangible reward one gets from making a
      difference in a concept, ideal that is bigger than all of
      us...College Table Tennis!

      The positions available are:

      President
      Vice President
      Treasurer
      Recruitment Director
      Public Relations Director
      Historian
      Registrar's

      If you are interested in running for a position, please submit your
      personal information (questions listed below) to elections@...
      by 11:59 PM on Sunday, June 11. All club presidents are eligible to vote
      in NCTTA
      elections and those interested in running and their statements should
      be online shortly after Monday, June 12.

      1. Name:
      2. Interested Position:
      3. Age:
      4. School
      5. School Year:
      6. If you are not a student, where did you go to school:
      7. How long have you played table tennis?

      Submit a One page formal statement of intent that will include:
      Why do you want to work as an officer of NCTTA?

      What have you done so far in terms of organizing any campus or
      national activities whether within table tennis or outside of it?

      Please also provide a list of references and their contact info (ex.
      your
      division director, the director of your dept of recreation, a member
      of
      the NCTTA board who has worked with you extensively, etc.).

      The election will be held according to the guidelines stated in the
      NCTTA constitution and bylaws.

      Look at the NCTTA Forum (Public Forum) for copies of what each
      position's duties and responsibilities are.
      http://www.nctta.org/forum.html

      Regards,
      Dan Wang
      NCTTA Elections Manager