200K Perm, Any Day, Any Route, June 1-30, Raleigh

  • Hans K Hansen
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2017
      Randos at large,

      You pick the day, the start time and the route or am I just wasting my time again?

      BTW-Has anyone been in contact with Martin within the past week?

      Whatever,

      Hans

    • Robert Bergeron

        Message 3 of 3 , May 27, 2017
          Hans, other that your email to {set up / inquire} doing the Hicksboro perm on Monday, May 29, no local rando has contacted me about anything rando lately.  Further, once you sent me the email (not via the list-serve) that you were going to resign from RUSA, etc., I haven't given a thought to your possibly doing a RUSA ride on the 29th or any other day.  I usually take a person's spoken or written word literally, unless or until I learn that the specific person typically does not mean what they say or write.

          Generally, as regards to rando communications, I try to "Keep [my] mouth shut & Type nothing" unless I think I have something useful or interesting or pressing to talk or write about.  I haven't had any local rando thoughts since the completion of the Carolina Spring 1200.  As far as I can recall, I haven't had any "national" rando thoughts, either.

          Well, come to think of it, I "advertised" the May 17th Badgett Sisters Pkwy 208-km perm, but otherwise, I think I've been quite quiet lately.

          If you have decided to continue doing some rando rides, I do hope that you can connect with some of the fast-riders and have a enjoyable ride with them (as you know, I cannot keep up to your pace).  I imagine that the fast-crowd will be more interested in Permanent rides after completion of the Raleigh Region 600 in mid-June; some of the fast-crowd that don't attempt the full series might be interested earlier than that.

          If you want to ride the Hicksboro route on the 29th, please let me know ASAP -- I will likely arrange a paperwork exchange in the start parking lot.

          ...Martin