Creighton University Diversity Scholarship Application (2007)

  • Guy, Carla A. (HSC)
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      Please pass onto any students who maybe interested. This is the BEST scholarship Creighton offers for Native American, Hispanic and African American students.

      _____

      Attached is the new application for the Creighton University Diversity Scholarship. Additional copies can be downloaded and/or submitted online at admissions.creighton.edu <http://admissions.creighton.edu/> .

      Creighton University has established a scholarship for senior high school students of African American, Latino, and Native American descent with outstanding scholastic achievement and service to their community. The award is valued between $20,000 and $30,000 and is renewable for three years, subject to maintaining a grade point average of 3.0 and successfully completing a minimum of 12 hours per semester. These scholarships are awarded primarily on the basis of academic merit, community service, school activities, and leadership. Financial need may be considered as well. Other financial aid or third party awards will go toward tuition, room, and board only and will reduce the amount of this award. Scholarship recipients who are Pell Grant eligible may utilize up to $1,000 ($500 each semester) of outside scholarships to be used to purchase books.

      To be eligible for the Creighton University Diversity Scholarship, students must be admitted to Creighton University by February 1, 2007 and submit a complete Creighton University Diversity Scholarship application packet postmarked by February 15, 2007.

      If you have any questions regarding the Creighton University Diversity Scholarship please feel free to contact me at (402) 280-2703 or nvalentine@... nvalentine @ creighton.edu (take out spaces). I look forward to seeing your students' applications soon.

      Sincerely,

      N. Omar Valentine

      N. Omar Valentine, Assistant Director
      Office of Undergraduate Admissions

      Creighton University
      2500 California Plaza
      Omaha, Nebraska 68178

      Phone: (402) 280-2703/(800) 282-5835
      Fax: (402) 280-2685
      nvalentine@...
      nvalentine @ creighton.edu (take out spaces)

      "The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority."

      -Ralph W. Sockman