A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America

  • salcamarillo1@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2005
      National American Indian Heritage Month, 2005: A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America

      National American Indian Heritage Month honors the many contributions and accomplishments of American Indians and Alaska Natives. During November, we remember the legacy of the first Americans and celebrate their vibrant and living traditions.

      The American Indian experience is central to the American story, and my Administration is committed to helping Native American cultures across the United States continue to flourish. One of the most important ways to ensure a successful future is through education. Over the past 4 years, my Administration has provided more than $1 billion for the construction and renovation of Bureau of Indian Affairs schools. We also offer direct assistance for educator and counselor training to help make sure every classroom has a qualified teacher and every child has the tools he or she needs to succeed. As we work with tribal leaders to provide students with a superior education that respects the unique culture and traditions of the community, we can help ensure every child has the opportunity to realize their dreams.

      Click to read the rest of the article, use your back button to return to this page:

      <http://www.kumeyaay.com/news/news_detail.html?id=3384

      Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monitory gain to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the material for research and educational purposes. This is in accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. section 107.