FYRP - Volume 59

  • lkibby1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005
      For Your Reading Pleasure - Volumes are posted each Sunday.
      The poems are selected from an archive, and the date is at the end of each one.
      Each poem has been composed by Larry Kibby a Wiyot Indian of Northern California.

      Sunday, July 31, 2005

      For Your Reading Pleasure - Volume 59

      Sweat Lodge of Time

      Mountains, rivers and trees,
      A calm summers breeze,
      Drum and songs in the night,
      Eagles shadowed in the moon light,
      Water, rocks, wood and fire,
      A traditional hearts desire.

      Ancestors beckoning the forces,
      Greeting the natural resources,
      Opening the universal portal,
      Showing the path of the immortal,
      Water, rocks, wood and fire,
      A traditional hearts desire.

      Breathing the heated steam,
      Invoking a vision or a dream,
      Ancestors hearing the call,
      Sending a blessing to all,
      Water, rocks, wood and fire,
      A traditional hearts desire,
      Sweat Lodge of time,
      Healing the heart, soul and mind.

      Written: Saturday, June 9, 2001
      By: Larry Kibby - Wiyot of California
      Elko Indian Colony
      Elko, Nevada

      Resentment

      I am not so very great
      And death will be my fate,
      For I am considered a disgrace,
      Because I resent the master race.

      I am but a slave to the times,
      Always standing in the labor lines,
      For I am considered a disgrace,
      Because I resent the master race.

      The government says I have no needs,
      That my blood is an evil seed,
      For I am considered a disgrace,
      Because I resent the master race.

      I should be incarcerated in a cell,
      But I'm already living in an inhuman hell,
      For I am forever considered a human disgrace,
      Because I despise and resent the Non-Indian Master Race,
      But I'll always wear the Ancestral Face.

      By: Larry Kibby
      Written: Monday, February 10, 2003
      Elko, Nevada 89801

      Watch Over My Relations

      Handed-down songs carrying an ancient sound,
      Indian people dancing upon sanctified ground,
      Oh Holy Grandfathers,
      Watch over and guide my relations,
      For they are of the Sovereign Nations.

      Standing before the sun everyday,
      Out reached hands to the heavens as they pray,
      Oh Holy Grandfathers,
      Watch over and guide my relations
      For they are of the Sovereign Nations.

      So many with pipes in hand,
      While some even carry an eagle fan,
      Oh Holy Grandfathers,
      Watch over and guide my relations,
      For they are of the Sovereign Nations.

      Upon my people shine the universal light,
      These are the ways of the traditional right,
      Oh Holy Ones and Grandfathers,
      Watch over and guide all of my relations,
      For these my people are of the Sovereign Nations of the American Indian.

      By: Larry Kibby
      Written: Saturday, August 31, 2002
      Elko Indian Colony
      Elko, Nevada 89801

      Salvation Within

      Thy heart within,
      Should be without sin,
      Protected from transgression,
      Exhausted of all depressions,
      For thou will always find salvation,
      Within your Sovereign Nation.

      Be pure of mind,
      Thoughts gentle and kind,
      Look for no impurity or deceit,
      And know your heart will keep,
      For thou will always find salvation,
      Within your Sovereign Nation.

      Let your spirit soar high,
      Where the eagles do fly,
      And keep your faith and hope
      As you put your words upon the smoke,
      For thou will always find divine salvation,
      Within the strength of your Sovereign Nation.

      By: Larry Kibby - Wiyot of California
      Written: Friday, September 14, 2001
      Elko Indian Colony
      Elko, Nevada 89801

      Brown Princess of Time

      I feel your passion in my dreams at night,
      Holding your love so gently and tight,
      You are my brown princes of time,
      Always in my heart and mind.
      Floating upon the sands of sleep,
      Your sensuality I long to keep,
      You are my brown princess of time,
      Always in my heart and mind.

      Your sweetness is a warm desire,
      A taste that develops an erotic fire,
      You are my brown princess of time,
      Always in my heart and mind.

      You are an erotic notion,
      Filled with a heated emotion,
      You are my brown princess of time,
      Always in my heart and mind.

      I awaken knowing your passion,
      Is so full of desired compassion,
      You will always be my brown princess of time,
      Forever within my heart and mind,
      My indigenous lady so very fine.

      By: Larry Kibby - Wiyot
      Written: Wednesday, May 28, 2003
      Elko, Nevada 89801

      Beauty of the Nations

      Your love I'll never waste,
      For it has a divine taste,
      You are a portrait in my mind,
      A picture so very fine,
      Indigenous beauty of the nations,
      You are a sensual sensation.

      In my heart I cherish a dream,
      A fantasy gliding upon a moon beam,
      You are an eloquent vision in the night,
      An angelic heavenly sight,
      Indigenous beauty of the nations,
      You are a sensual sensation.

      Wherever you may go,
      I just want you to know,
      I feel your heated compassion,
      And for you my soul will always carry a passion,
      For you are my Indigenous Beauty of the Nations,
      You are forever a sensual sensation.

      By: Larry Kibby - Wiyot of California
      Written: Sunday, October 6, 2002
      Elko, Nevada 89801

      Poems arranged by:Larry Kibby
      Larry Kibby is an Indian of the Sovereign Nations of the Wiyot's
      To contact the author of this e-mail write to:
      Larry Kibby - lkibby1@...
      This e-mail has been prepared and sent to you from:
      Elko Indian Colony
      Elko, Nevada 89801-2577

      ---