Feds buying Trinity water for Klamath again

  • salcamarillo1@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2005
      The federal government is spending $618,000 to buy Trinity River water as an insurance policy against a fish kill on the Klamath River.

      The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation expects to sign an agreement soon with a slate of contractors it identified as the Sacramento River Exchange Group. It would buy 20,000 acre feet -- 6.5 billion gallons -- for about $30 an acre foot.

      "We've isolated a hunk of water and we've got a handshake," said bureau spokesman Jeff McCracken.

      Click to read the rest of the article, use your back button to return to this page:

      <http://www.times-standard.com/Stories/0,1413,127~2896~2942126,00.html#>

      Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monitory gain to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the material for research and educational purposes. This is in accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. section 107.