Re: [ncanativeeventsandnews] DQ University Benefit Powwow 4/1/.2005

  • Christina Kellywood
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
      No pow wow Freddy... There will be a memorial service for Dave Risling..

      Freedy Lonewolf <sencillo666@...> wrote:
      Hi Everyone,

      I hear there are rumors that the DQU POWWOW has been cancelled this
      Friday 4/1. However those are rumors, I've verified this with
      someone planning this powwow. The drums are on their way from Nevada
      and will be at DQU Friday night and then at Davis the next day. The
      DQU students are asking the community for our help and support in
      their struggles to keep DQU alive.

      How can we help Friday 4/1?
      We pay for parking when we attend the powwow
      We contribute to the blanket dances to be held that evening
      We buy NDN tacos at the food booth they will have that evening
      We bring/donate food to them that evening

      DQ University - Tribal College BENEFIT POW-WOW

      Friday, APRIL 1st, 2005 @6:00PM - 12:00 Midnight

      This is a benefit pow-wow!

      Let's do what we can to help DQ Students!

      Southern Express will be the Southern Host Drum

      Gourd Dancing at 6:00PM

      Earl R. Neconie mailto:1kiowa @ calbears.com <---<<< Take out spaces
      (email me for directions or vendor information)

      News and press releases are posted for educational purposes and do not necessarily reflect the views of the person posting or the moderators of this group.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • ALFREDO LONEWOLFblackdragon
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
        Hi

        this is not a rumor!

        the DQ POW WOW is on for tomorrow night.

        i just spoke to Earl Naconie who is helping to put the
        pow wow on. if you like, you can call him to confirm
        this at 1(510) 459-7645.

        "If a man loses anything and goes back and looks carefully for it he will find it". Sitting Bull

        Yahoo! Messenger