NASA Wants to Hire Talented High School Students

  • Harvest McCampbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2004
      Forwarded to me from Tom and Deana Sandage:

      I am writing to request your help in spreading the word about NASA
      SHARP. NASA SHARP is an eight-week summer mentored research program
      for underrepresented rising juniors and seniors. It is held at
      universities across the US. Students accepted into the program have
      their transportation paid, also room and board, while earning a
      salary.

      For these students, this is a life-changing experience, and we are
      anxious to get more students from American Indian groups involved
      this year. The recruiting season has just started, and our deadline
      for applications is February 14, 2005.

      How can we work with you to spread the word about this excellent
      program? Is there a web site where our information could be posted? I
      have attached a flyer and a pdf of our application which may be
      useful. We can do direct mailings to individuals and /or churches,
      community organizations or school sites you specify.

      If you have questions, please email me at jstrandquist@...
      or call me after the new year at 1-888-985-0303.

      Thank you and have a great 2005!

      James M. Strandquist

      NASA SHARP Deputy Program Manager

      1-888-985-0303