Re: [ncanativeeventsandnews] pow wows in May...

  • brandon wero
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2003
      this is what i have on my event calendar for the end
      of May. hello i'm brandon, i work for the Native
      American Health Center here in Oakland, where i
      produce a weekend event listing every thrusday
      afternoon. a copy of this weeks list is attached. if
      you would like to receive the list in the future you
      can add your address to the mailing list at our
      website. www.nativehealth.org

      brandon

      18th Annual Red Road Pow Wow-Celebration of Sobriety
      Saturday thru Monday
      May 24-26th,2003
      Casa De Fruita
      Hollister, CA
      To be held at Casa De Fruita Orchard Resort. 13 miles
      East of Gilroy on Hwy
      152. 28 miles West on Interstate 5.
      Head Man: Ronnie Yellowhair
      Headwoman: Susan Jim
      MC: Harold Belmont
      Sponsored by the Santa Cruz Indian Council.
      Contact: Santa Cruz Indian Council Phone: (831)
      425-4404
      Email: santacruzic@...
      http://indiancouncil.net

      8th Annual California Indian Storytelling Festival
      Saturday
      May 31, 2003
      Indian Canyon
      Hollister, CA
      This event is sponsored by, The Indian Canyon Nation
      of Costanoan People & Costanoan Indian Research
      Contact: art exhibit coordinator: 831-239-8507
      Canyon info: 408-847-3297
      Visit: www.indiancanyon.org

      18th Annual �Honoring the Elders� Gathering
      Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
      June 6, 7, and 8th 2003
      Mt. Madonna State Park, CA
      Contact: 408-258-1326

      22nd Annual YUBA-SUTTER �Honoring our Youth� Pow wow
      Saturday 12noon-10PM
      Sunday 12noon-6PM
      June 7th and 8th, 2003
      Yuba College
      North Beale Rd.
      Marysville, CA
      Sponsored by: American Indian Education Program of
      Marysville Joint Unified School District, and the
      Native American Student Association of Yuba Community
      College.
      Contact: James Graham(530)749-6196 between 8AM-2:30PM
      or email: jgraham@...

      --- Tecpaocelotl <Sammy@...> wrote:
      > do you know of any pow wows in the last week of may?

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Harvest McCampbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17, 2003
        Brandon,

        Please feel free to post as often as you like. Include a working
        link back to your site if you like! We welcome your contributions.

        We have a couple of events you didn't list: On May 31 we have a
        basket class in Roseville, A Native Language Confrence in Arcata on
        June 5 -7, Earth Blues Native music June 5, And lots of other events
        between now and then, as well as all the way up to December.

        Check out our calendar! (Remember to click on month after you get to
        the calendar page.)

        And if you see Sal on line tell him thanks for all the hard work he
        has done on the calendar. (Click on messages, when members are
        logged in to messanger a little smiley face lights up by their name!)

        Harvest

        --- In ncanativeeventsandnews@yahoogroups.com, brandon wero