The main purpose of the list is to plan social events for local bi-women. E.g. films, a walk in Derbyshire, a "chat event" and a trip to Leicester Pride.
You won't find a cluster of people here looking for casual s_x partners*, and there are more appropriate groups to join if that's what you're after. [* Can't spell this out, as Yahoo "does not permit profane language in group description". :-) ]
Bi men (as well as women), see the mixed gender East Midlands Bi Network.
IMPORTANT: Joining the list
Because some people see the words "women" and "bisexual" and apply to join the list without reading the above description, we like to hear an intro from people before they join. So, when you apply to join the group, please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email should include
- confirmation that you're female and bi/questioning/whatever
- town where you live (& if you're not near enough to come to our events, why a Nottingham group is relevant to you)
- a line or two on what you're hoping to find from the group.
This will be read only by the list moderators, currently Jennifer, Jane and Emily.
List members agree to keep on-list discussions confidential to the list, including people's names. Some people use their real names, some don't, depending on how "out" they feel comfortable being here - bearing in mind that not everyone has met each other in "real life".
- Jul 1, 2001
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.