604RE: [nbcpilotrelations] Flight Over Des Moines 2014

  • Rita Fromm
    Jul 20, 2014

      The rescheduled FLIGHT OVER DES MOINES is Thursday July 25 NOT July 31 sorry.

      On Jul 20, 2014 8:13 PM, "Rita Fromm" <ritae.fromm@...> wrote:

      Both Monday & Tuesday flights have been cancelled due to high wind.  We may fly Thursday morning July 31.
      The Flight Over Des Moines gives us such good exposure, if possible check your schedule to join us.

      On Jul 20, 2014 4:38 PM, "bwsldw bwsldw@... [nbcpilotrelations]" <nbcpilotrelations@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      We have a BOI meeting at 5 tonight. I'm guessing it'll be discussed.

      -------- Original message --------
      From: "Benji Clemons CUATDX@... [nbcpilotrelations]"
      Date:07/20/2014 4:36 PM (GMT-06:00)
      Subject: Re: [nbcpilotrelations] Flight Over Des Moines 2014

      Any updates yet?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 20, 2014, at 7:43 AM, "FrommyWorld@... [nbcpilotrelations]" <nbcpilotrelations@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Good morning! Our yearly National Balloon Classic promotional excursion across Des Moines is scheduled for either tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm waiting for confirmation from our fearless leaders, Rob and Bill G, but I'm betting we'll be meeting tomorrow in DM at about 6 and launching from somewhere north of the airport. Tuesday's weather does not look so good, but the forecast for tomorrow's flight time has improved and now show southerly winds at 8 and the chance of precip has been removed. Reading a bit into the day's forecast I'd expect it to be breezy aloft and that we would have no problem clearing the city of Des Moines. So, please plan to meet early tomorrow morning on the south side for this cool opportunity to promote the sport of ballooning and this year's National Balloon Classic! I'll be sending out updates as I get them from Rob and Bill, so stay tuned! Thanks, Jim

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic