Re: Talking to mosquitoes

  • Raimund
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2012
      > So I would say that the humidity- or temperature-factors, doesn't sound that plausible. Besides, I spend some time localizing the sound, before I started recording and speaking, and during that time I didn't hear any changes, though I was breathing and heating, as Ray also points out.

      Hi Hans,

      So, it seems that the mosquitoes really replied to your voice and they probably tried to "mate" with you by adjusting their wing beat frequencies to your voice :-)

      I just found this article on this topic:

      http://www.livescience.com/3196-bug-love-mosquitoes-sing-duet-harmony.html

      Regards,
      Raimund