mystery sound

  • Neville Recording
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
      This is a mystery sound recorded on the Gaspe Penninsula Quebec May 2010 using handheld Telinga ProV1 and an HHB Portadisc.
      I made this recording at about 11pm standing next to a marsh which is bounded by a small river. The Spring Peepers, American Toads and Wilson's Snipe are straight forward but about every 25 seconds or so there is a one or two syllable call. Identifying this sound still teases me. What do you think?
      John Neville
      BC Canada
      01 Track 1.mp3