Re: [Nature Recordists] RE: Where not to record

  • Ken Durling
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2006
      These airways are used primarily for IFR traffic. (Instrument Flight
      Rules - mostly airlines, payroll flights, business, cargo etc. or
      other pilots who might have filed IFR regardless of weather) In my
      experience the worst problem when recording has been the various and
      sundry low-level VFR traffic that wanders across the field. Having
      been one of those pilots, I can affirm there's really no way to
      predict or control where these planes appear, save a few altitude
      restrictions since we're usually recording in non-populated areas.
      Nonetheless, it is of some value to at least know where commercial
      flights are concentrated.

      Ken

      --- In naturerecordists@yahoogroups.com, Mike Feldman