(2118) The Composer Says This is How We Should Live Our Lives - Fargnoli

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2013
      The Composer Says This is How We Should Live Our Lives

      He lifts his violin and gives us the fox
      in Ireland running with wild abandon
      along the cliff-edge above the wild Irish Sea

      and I am back in Connemara where even
      the pasture stones have names and the green
      slopes are plentiful with stones and the sea-wind

      where there are no trees to stop it rollicks
      across the commonage and the sea's a wild rolling
      and the composer's brown hair is whipping around

      his young intense face as his arm jigs and swings
      the bow across the strings and his body is swaying
      and his shoulders are leaping and the music is leaping

      and the fox is running with such joy along that cliff
      red fox brilliant green pasture cerulean sky
      and the wind and the white-capped

      plum-blue ocean and a man's foot measuring time
      in the sun that is beyond brilliant and the fox is leaping
      forward along the cliff-edge.

      - Patricia Fargnoli