Nature Poem(380) Springing

  • sam_droege
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2003
      Springing

      In a skiff on a sunrisen lake we are watchers.

      Swimming aimlessly is luxury, just as walking
      Loudly up a shallow stream is.

      As we lean over the deep well, we whisper.

      Friends at hearths are drawn to the one warm air;
      strangers meet on beaches drawn to the one wet sea.

      What wd it be to be water, one body of water
      (what water is is another mystery). (We are
      water divided.) It wd be a self without walls,
      with surface tension, specific gravity, a local
      exchange between bedrock and cloud of falling and rising,
      rising to fall, falling to rise.

      - Marie Ponsot