Discsuss - is God a hard determinist?

  • damqwik
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2011
      God has been reviewing his position in the world and he's not entirely happy. There are some points of clarification that he has decided to release at this time.

      These are as follows:
      a) God is a hard determinist and his evolution is inevitable
      b) God cannot predict or control the future – the universe has a fixed path of its own and while God finds this quite irritating he has reluctantly come to accept that this is the way things are – in effect God is a naturalist and a part of nature
      c) You cannot see God because God is a network of bacteria and other living things which communicate with each other and create larger creatures such as animals
    • Tom Clark
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2011

        Nice, thanks, and good to know God is human like the rest of us – wanting to be a first cause. It’s funny because theist Victor Reppert at his blog Dangerous Idea said he wouldn’t mind if God ends up being part of nature, should science show that to be the case. So long as we stick with the facts as shown by our most reliable means of knowing (science and other empirical disciplines), then we can‘t really complain about what reality turns out to contain. Well, we might complain, but it wouldn’t do any good…

        best,

        Tom