NAA Workshop to Nepal - March 16 - 27, 2008 - spaces available

  • abirome2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2007
      We still have spaces available and - in fact - need at least one more person to sign up for NAA's International Workshop to Nepal in March.   Please join us!    Details below.

      And, if you can, please contact Abi (see below) as soon as possible.

      Natural Areas Association 11th International Workshop to Nepal
      - March 16 - 27, 2008

      We'll visit and learn four large protected areas in diverse habitats, including grasslands, riverine habitats, tropical and subtropical forests, mountain and pre-montane areas.  We will also engage in a range of other experiences of a professional nature relevant to the cultural, environmental and social features in Nepal.

      We will meet with conservation colleagues to discuss their programs, concerns, successes and challenges, and we'll contribute to local conservation actions by sharing our own knowledge and experience with our hosts, offering support to the organizations we visit, and developing long-lasting conservation alliances.

      Highlights include:

      •    Shivpuri National Park
      •    Royal Chitwan National Park
      •    Annapurna Conservation Area
      •    Pokhara Valley
      •    Cultural World Heritage sites in Kathmandu
      •    Trekking in the Himalayas
      •    Bagmara and Kumroj Community Forests
      •    International Mountain Museum
      •    Crocodile Breeding Center

      For more information, contact Abi Rome at abirome@... or 301-608-8094; or contact the NAA at mail@....

      Because March is approaching rapidly, we'll need to hear from you soon regarding your interest.  Thanks.