Re: contrasting end pieces

  • mdflutes
    Message 1 of 8325 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hi Joe<br>I simply make a sandwitch of the
      contrasting woods that I want to add to the flute and glue
      them together. Using a press to hold them together
      while drying. Then I cut this wood the with of the
      flute, and drill a hole the size of the bore of the
      flute it is going on. Then make a square the size on
      the end of the flute. After determing the length on
      the flute I cut off the thikness of theis sandwitch
      peace and glue it to the end of the already rough
      finished flute line up the bore hole and hold it all
      together with 4 #117 rubber bands. When it is dry I form
      the flute it the finished shape. The enda are cross
      grained to make a clean looking end, I also add a
      contrasting wood to the mouth end to protect the end geain
      from moisture.<br><br>Bob W.
    • Larry Odegard
      Message 8325 of 8325 , Mar 20, 2008
        There's all kind of drawings with dimensions in the
        file section. Just check it out.

        Larry O.

        --- michael beck wilkins <iain@...>
        wrote:

        > all I want is some basic measurements to get going
        > with, I have a
        > lathe so can turn and bore the wood in one piece but
        > I desperately
        > need drawings with dimensions to get started

        Larry Odegard

        Choose to have a great day!

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs