Re: K2? my take.

  • greatwave
    Message 1 of 8325 , Sep 1, 2001
      Mike, All those formulas...so little time. I
      don't let silly things like forumlas stop me from
      making a wide/shallow flue. Choosing a flue width comes
      early in the construction scheme and making a wide flue
      is simply the best way to induce a clean tone with
      as little effort as possible. A wide flue allows for
      more air molecules to "do the dance" at the cutting
      edge and making it shallow reduces the "breathy"
      quality. The exit hole, under the bird, is as wide as the
      flue. This makes for NO back pressure. When a wide flue
      functions well, you should be able to FEEL the entire flute
      vibrate with each note.
    • Larry Odegard
      Message 8325 of 8325 , Mar 20, 2008
        There's all kind of drawings with dimensions in the
        file section. Just check it out.

        Larry O.

        --- michael beck wilkins <iain@...>
        wrote:

        > all I want is some basic measurements to get going
        > with, I have a
        > lathe so can turn and bore the wood in one piece but
        > I desperately
        > need drawings with dimensions to get started

        Larry Odegard

        Choose to have a great day!

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs