Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Straw Hats?

  • kuzinbruce
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013
      I've heard Yahoo has been messing with Groups.
       Either that or Dusty's taken a liking to hats;>)
       Kuz

      In a message dated 9/26/2013 8:54:52 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, Samzen_9@... writes:

      I'm just wondering why there's a picture of straw hats as a header photo for Native Flute Woodworking group. There should be some flutes. What's up with that?
    • joemath49

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 26, 2013

            I believe that when the “update” to Yahoo happened…there were random pictures put up in place of the ones that were in place….probably due to a sixing difference. An administrator will need to go in and change the picture to something more relevant.

            Just a semi-educated guess,

            Brent Adams

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 29, 2013

              At the time of my last phone call to Dusty he had his hands full .And indicated his tools and personal flute building bench book unavaible period. I have seen an image on Mary Youngbloods site of a man standing next to her with a flute in hand that is unmistakeablly one of Dusty's flutes.But can't say I know him personaly-Just through his hand work on my Bb flute he swaped me for flute tube assembled out of PVC pipe and end and trap opening for acces on other end to insert flutes.

               Having one of his flutes and apreciating the details he put in his flutes for playabilty -I was hoping he would put out a copy of his notes on experments and results , acumilated knowledge,and basic demensions for the range of flutes he built. We have the archive of his messages,etc.

              But I was thrown by the new image and am  for the change to a image  related to the build/playing of a NA style flute.

              A pic with a work bench of tools and flutes in various stages- with of course the builder tuning a flute or working on TSH not looking into lens with a newbie/youth looking over builders shoulders would say a lot about the site. Thats just a quick visualization -anyone care to add or subtract to a sugested image of what would tell someone with one look what a new vistor can expect in being part of the conversation/group.

              No Coincidences,
              Herb