RE: [Native Flute Woodworking] Lone Crow and ramblings of a guy who hasn't had enough time to build flutes

  • Brent Adams
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30 7:49 AM
      I found this link
      http://www.cedarmesa.com/lonecrowsong/

      That should get you to the song that Scott produced.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 30 7:58 AM
        Thank you Brent!

        Wayne

        That should get you to the song that Scott produced.

        How do we go about contacting Scott August to get a copy of the download?

        Cheers,
        Wayne

        On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:43 PM, David Wilson wrote:

        > I never knew this man but sense that he had the special gift of true
        friendship, and he must have enriched all who came across his path. Scott
        August has a down load of the 'Lone Crow' song tribute he did using one of
        Leonard's' flutes. The download sells for just a couple of dollars and all
        proceeds will go to Leonard's wife. Buy a copy and let Leonard's spirit
        touch you with his flute, singing it's music in your home Dave Wilson

        > > To: nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: GosHawk508@...
        > > Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:05:09 -0700
        > > Subject: Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Lone Crow and ramblings of a guy
        who hasn't had enough time to build flutes

        > > dd
        > >
        > > What a nice thing to say.
        > > I didn't know Leonard but he must have been a great guy with so many
        people saying really good things about him.
        > > I wish I had had the privilege to count on him as a friend as well.
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > > Wayne
        > >
        > > On Aug 29, 2013, at 4:02 PM, < redriverflutes@... > wrote:
        > >
        > > > Hello fellow flutavores. I have not been in the forum for quite some
        time. I went back to school to become a teacher and after 4 long years of
        studying, I'm done and certified. Now to find a job. Having said that, I
        have kept up with some of you through Facebook and Sunwatch but I haven't
        had time to make a flute in two years. Part of my journey, like many of you
        included Leonard McGann. For many of us, Leonard was not only a mentor but a
        friend and in conversations with some flute makers after his passing, it is
        apparent that the time he took to share his craft and humor will be known
        for generations as flute makers pass their craft to others. I say all of
        this to share that we should never take our friendships for granted and
        enjoy every opportunity we have to spend with friends and family. Leonard
        never taught me how to make a flute. He taught me to have a passion for
        flute making and to enjoy the learning processes. The last advice he gave
        me, "Just make flutes. The secrets will reveal themselves." Thank you Lone
        Crow and thanks to others in this group who have helped my flute making
        journey. Now that I have my life back and I'm not studying every minute, I
        have two flutes in process on the workbench and man it feels good. Leonard,
        I sure do miss you... dd

        -----
        No virus found in this message.

      • joemath49
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 15, 2013

           dd,

          I enjoyed your story and also became a certified teacher, in my 50's.

          Now in my 60's, I have learned the NASF. I am getting ready to teach flute building, playing and music writing to my younger son.

          Joe D