Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Lone Crow and ramblings of a guy who hasn't had enough time to build flutes

  • Wayne Greenway
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30, 2013
      I would like to buy a copy.
      How do we go about contacting Scott August to get a copy of the download?

      Cheers,
      Wayne

      On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:43 PM, David Wilson wrote:

      > I never knew this man but sense that he had the special gift of true friendship, and he must have enriched all who came across his path. Scott August has a down load of the 'Lone Crow' song tribute he did using one of Leonard's' flutes. The download sells for just a couple of dollars and all proceeds will go to Leonard's wife. Buy a copy and let Leonard's spirit touch you with his flute, singing it's music in your home Dave Wilson
      >
      > > To: nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: GosHawk508@...
      > > Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:05:09 -0700
      > > Subject: Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Lone Crow and ramblings of a guy who hasn't had enough time to build flutes
      > >
      > > dd
      > >
      > > What a nice thing to say.
      > > I didn't know Leonard but he must have been a great guy with so many people saying really good things about him.
      > > I wish I had had the privilege to count on him as a friend as well.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Wayne
      > >
      > > On Aug 29, 2013, at 4:02 PM, <redriverflutes@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hello fellow flutavores. I have not been in the forum for quite some time. I went back to school to become a teacher and after 4 long years of studying, I'm done and certified. Now to find a job. Having said that, I have kept up with some of you through Facebook and Sunwatch but I haven't had time to make a flute in two years. Part of my journey, like many of you included Leonard McGann. For many of us, Leonard was not only a mentor but a friend and in conversations with some flute makers after his passing, it is apparent that the time he took to share his craft and humor will be known for generations as flute makers pass their craft to others. I say all of this to share that we should never take our friendships for granted and enjoy every opportunity we have to spend with friends and family. Leonard never taught me how to make a flute. He taught me to have a passion for flute making and to enjoy the learning processes. The last advice he gave me, "Just make flutes. The secrets will reveal themselves." Thank you Lone Crow and thanks to others in this group who have helped my flute making journey. Now that I have my life back and I'm not studying every minute, I have two flutes in process on the workbench and man it feels good. Leonard, I sure do miss you... dd

    • Wayne Greenway
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 30, 2013
        Here's a short piece I found on Youtube of Leonard playing one of his flutes:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zciKC8at2YY

        Wayne

        On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:43 PM, David Wilson wrote:

        > I never knew this man but sense that he had the special gift of true friendship, and he must have enriched all who came across his path. Scott August has a down load of the 'Lone Crow' song tribute he did using one of Leonard's' flutes. The download sells for just a couple of dollars and all proceeds will go to Leonard's wife. Buy a copy and let Leonard's spirit touch you with his flute, singing it's music in your home Dave Wilson
        >
        > > To: nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: GosHawk508@...
        > > Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:05:09 -0700
        > > Subject: Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Lone Crow and ramblings of a guy who hasn't had enough time to build flutes
        > >
        > > dd
        > >
        > > What a nice thing to say.
        > > I didn't know Leonard but he must have been a great guy with so many people saying really good things about him.
        > > I wish I had had the privilege to count on him as a friend as well.
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > > Wayne
        > >
        > > On Aug 29, 2013, at 4:02 PM, <redriverflutes@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > Hello fellow flutavores. I have not been in the forum for quite some time. I went back to school to become a teacher and after 4 long years of studying, I'm done and certified. Now to find a job. Having said that, I have kept up with some of you through Facebook and Sunwatch but I haven't had time to make a flute in two years. Part of my journey, like many of you included Leonard McGann. For many of us, Leonard was not only a mentor but a friend and in conversations with some flute makers after his passing, it is apparent that the time he took to share his craft and humor will be known for generations as flute makers pass their craft to others. I say all of this to share that we should never take our friendships for granted and enjoy every opportunity we have to spend with friends and family. Leonard never taught me how to make a flute. He taught me to have a passion for flute making and to enjoy the learning processes. The last advice he gave me, "Just make flutes. The secrets will reveal themselves." Thank you Lone Crow and thanks to others in this group who have helped my flute making journey. Now that I have my life back and I'm not studying every minute, I have two flutes in process on the workbench and man it feels good. Leonard, I sure do miss you... dd

      • Brent Adams
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 30, 2013
          I found this link
          http://www.cedarmesa.com/lonecrowsong/

          That should get you to the song that Scott produced.

          How do we go about contacting Scott August to get a copy of the download?

          Cheers,
          Wayne

          On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:43 PM, David Wilson wrote:

          > I never knew this man but sense that he had the special gift of true
          friendship, and he must have enriched all who came across his path. Scott
          August has a down load of the 'Lone Crow' song tribute he did using one of
          Leonard's' flutes. The download sells for just a couple of dollars and all
          proceeds will go to Leonard's wife. Buy a copy and let Leonard's spirit
          touch you with his flute, singing it's music in your home Dave Wilson

          > > To: nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: GosHawk508@...
          > > Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:05:09 -0700
          > > Subject: Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Lone Crow and ramblings of a guy
          who hasn't had enough time to build flutes

          > > dd
          > >
          > > What a nice thing to say.
          > > I didn't know Leonard but he must have been a great guy with so many
          people saying really good things about him.
          > > I wish I had had the privilege to count on him as a friend as well.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Wayne
          > >
          > > On Aug 29, 2013, at 4:02 PM, <redriverflutes@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Hello fellow flutavores. I have not been in the forum for quite some
          time. I went back to school to become a teacher and after 4 long years of
          studying, I'm done and certified. Now to find a job. Having said that, I
          have kept up with some of you through Facebook and Sunwatch but I haven't
          had time to make a flute in two years. Part of my journey, like many of you
          included Leonard McGann. For many of us, Leonard was not only a mentor but a
          friend and in conversations with some flute makers after his passing, it is
          apparent that the time he took to share his craft and humor will be known
          for generations as flute makers pass their craft to others. I say all of
          this to share that we should never take our friendships for granted and
          enjoy every opportunity we have to spend with friends and family. Leonard
          never taught me how to make a flute. He taught me to have a passion for
          flute making and to enjoy the learning processes. The last advice he gave
          me, "Just make flutes. The secrets will reveal themselves." Thank you Lone
          Crow and thanks to others in this group who have helped my flute making
          journey. Now that I have my life back and I'm not studying every minute, I
          have two flutes in process on the workbench and man it feels good. Leonard,
          I sure do miss you... dd

          -----
          No virus found in this message.

          -----
          No virus found in this message.
        • goshawk508
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 30, 2013
            Thank you Brent!

            Wayne

            That should get you to the song that Scott produced.

            How do we go about contacting Scott August to get a copy of the download?

            Cheers,
            Wayne

            On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:43 PM, David Wilson wrote:

            > I never knew this man but sense that he had the special gift of true
            friendship, and he must have enriched all who came across his path. Scott
            August has a down load of the 'Lone Crow' song tribute he did using one of
            Leonard's' flutes. The download sells for just a couple of dollars and all
            proceeds will go to Leonard's wife. Buy a copy and let Leonard's spirit
            touch you with his flute, singing it's music in your home Dave Wilson

            > > To: nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: GosHawk508@...
            > > Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:05:09 -0700
            > > Subject: Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Lone Crow and ramblings of a guy
            who hasn't had enough time to build flutes

            > > dd
            > >
            > > What a nice thing to say.
            > > I didn't know Leonard but he must have been a great guy with so many
            people saying really good things about him.
            > > I wish I had had the privilege to count on him as a friend as well.
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Wayne
            > >
            > > On Aug 29, 2013, at 4:02 PM, < redriverflutes@... > wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hello fellow flutavores. I have not been in the forum for quite some
            time. I went back to school to become a teacher and after 4 long years of
            studying, I'm done and certified. Now to find a job. Having said that, I
            have kept up with some of you through Facebook and Sunwatch but I haven't
            had time to make a flute in two years. Part of my journey, like many of you
            included Leonard McGann. For many of us, Leonard was not only a mentor but a
            friend and in conversations with some flute makers after his passing, it is
            apparent that the time he took to share his craft and humor will be known
            for generations as flute makers pass their craft to others. I say all of
            this to share that we should never take our friendships for granted and
            enjoy every opportunity we have to spend with friends and family. Leonard
            never taught me how to make a flute. He taught me to have a passion for
            flute making and to enjoy the learning processes. The last advice he gave
            me, "Just make flutes. The secrets will reveal themselves." Thank you Lone
            Crow and thanks to others in this group who have helped my flute making
            journey. Now that I have my life back and I'm not studying every minute, I
            have two flutes in process on the workbench and man it feels good. Leonard,
            I sure do miss you... dd

            -----
            No virus found in this message.

          • joemath49
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 15, 2013

               dd,

              I enjoyed your story and also became a certified teacher, in my 50's.

              Now in my 60's, I have learned the NASF. I am getting ready to teach flute building, playing and music writing to my younger son.

              Joe D