Re; Sac

  • wro713
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2013
      Well put Brent.You hit right on the head.I also have a High Spirits flute ,from the signature series.My wife surprised me with it a while back , coming back from Florida.(very expensive flute.)I consider it my out door flute for the reasons you stated.I tried it on my Mic Amp system and recording set up,and did,nt like it.I also have a Brent Haines flute and it has no Sac, He drilled and piped it right up to the plug.Its great outdoors but awful on my sound system.My sound system Mic Blue yeti Pro and Shure SM-57 my Amp Roland KC-550 Keyboard amp i use a Boss VE-20 Vocal Processor between Mic and amp.I have tried the BH flute on this system and do not like it.But it is GREAT out doors.Same goes for The high spirts flute.I,ve also tried them on Audacity and Garage Band with very good computer speakers using a usb interface.They are fine there because i have all kinds of tone control and other effects.I personally like a sac in my flutes.My Sac is 2.6 inches in length Dia same as bore(routed) Mouth blow hole 2.75 long.Plug .75 inch. It works for me.Bill