RE: [Native Flute Woodworking] SAC

  • Brent Adams
    Message 1 of 58 , Mar 20, 2013
      I agree on the size of their “breath hole” possibly trying to “make up for”
      a separate SAC.

      I have a couple of High Spirits flutes as well. Mine are not from the
      “Signature Series” but from their regular offerings. They are newer models.
      I’m pretty happy with them. They seem decently priced and pretty durable. (I
      need durability due to playing for Boy Scout, Order of the Arrow ceremonies
      which are outdoors in all kinds of weather and in rugged camping
      situations.) They have a different response than the ones I’m making
      (split, routed, glued, etc.). They seem to not have as much
      “delay”……….meaning that they react quicker to any change of breath pressure
      than mine. However….I’m intentionally making mine with a little more
      “back-pressure” (smaller breath hole….about 7/32”) and I think that ,
      combined with a larger SAC, makes my flutes a little “mellower”, but also
      less “responsive” to subtle breath changes or tonguing techniques.

      From what I’ve read…..they do make their “Signature Series” with a larger
      diameter SAC, and glue a plug in place for the “wall”. Someday I hope to get
      one of these as well. I’m not very crazy about the price on these though. J
      I’m pretty frugal….that’s one reason I started making flutes.

      just my thoughts

      Brent

      From: nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:nativeflutewoodworking%40yahoogroups.com>

        From: nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com

        _____