Re: first flute ?having fun but want to get it right !

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2011
      --- In nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <andrew.wynn@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone ! I am rounding my first flute by plane, files and sanding it is full length right now 7/8 bore and I have sound ,with a soft blow I have A low sound ! a little harder I get a firm higher pitch not breathy !I can adjust the bird to lose the low !I am a little confused as too the tone ( high or low )I need before starting cutting too the fundamental (F#)! having fun but want to get it right !I know you all can help !!!!! please???

      I did not get a reply ,so I kept on playing with it until I lost the high over blow but the low is not very loud!
    • John Pink
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2011
        Hi Andy,

        You will eventually tune your fundamental when you get a steady tone with out an easy jump into "overblow", the next octave. It might be beneficial if you share all the dimensions. Sac exit, flue width, depth and length, the size of the tsh ( length and width) and bore diameter and length. That will give others something to start with.

        "To thine own self be true" (Shakespeare)

        John L. Pink

      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2011
          --- In nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com, John Pink <pinkjohn57@...> wrote:

          > Hi Andy,
          >
          > You will eventually tune your fundamental when you get a steady tone with out an easy jump into "overblow", the next octave. It might be beneficial if you share all the dimensions. Sac exit, flue width, depth and length, the size of the tsh ( length and width) and bore diameter and length. That will give others something to start with.
          >
          > "To thine own self be true" (Shakespeare)
          >
          > John L. Pink

          >Thank you John , I am hard of hearing so watching Bill Hughes dvd I tried to hear the changes ! I think right now I have it with no easy overblow I will cut the bore down after shellac it is 19&1/2 now 7/8 bore , I will cut about 2inchs Sunday eve. to start looking for the fundamental, maybe it will get louder! I need to
          get the rest of the dimensions for you all ,if it don't go up! Thanks!!!