Whats a plug?

  • jimgolana
    Message 1 of 8325 , Mar 1, 2001
      I was looking at DogFox's posted photos of what
      are dimensions based on Lew Price's software for a
      High G# and had a few questions about them.<br><br>It
      states that the Length/Bore is 27.9527. Is this the
      overall length of the flute or just the sound chamber?
      Also after the measurement for the 6th hole there is a
      mention of a measurement for a "plug". What is the plug?
      This measurement is listed as 6+- inches. Where is
      this measured from? Am I correct to assume that this
      is not the divider between the SAC and the sound
      chamber. Don, could you or someone shed some light on what
      these measurements, and the others, are/mean?
      these Gol Dang new fangled 'puters got me all
    • Larry Odegard
      Message 8325 of 8325 , Mar 20, 2008
        There's all kind of drawings with dimensions in the
        file section. Just check it out.

        Larry O.

        --- michael beck wilkins <iain@...>
        wrote:

        > all I want is some basic measurements to get going
        > with, I have a
        > lathe so can turn and bore the wood in one piece but
        > I desperately
        > need drawings with dimensions to get started

        Larry Odegard

        Choose to have a great day!

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs