Re: [basic_naf_making] glue lines

  • Roy Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 6:43 AM
      Good Day,
      Thanks Carl and all those that responded to my inquiry about what is now known as glue creep.
      Roy from Navajo Land
      From: Roy Nelson <hosteen1@...>
      Subject: [basic_naf_making] glue lines
      To: basic_naf_making@yahoogroups.com, "Native American Woodworking" <nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 11:11 PM

      Good Day,
      I have run into a problem, not a big one,  of late, and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. I recently shaped a flute and had to set it aside for a few days as we were out of town. When I came back, I was looking at the flute, I noticed that I could feel the glue coming out of the joint. This has happened on one other flute that I made, it so turns out both flutes were out of red oak. The glue I have been using is the new Gorilla wood glue. Has not been a problem on the poplar flutes I've made.
      Any thoughts?
      Roy from Navajo Land