where is everyone?

  • Michael Jones
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
      Did everyone in the group leave the planet and for get to tell me? LOL  It's not yet December 2012!

      It sure is quiet.

      Mike Jones
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
        yeah I would have to agree. Nice weather is around, but it's still snowing here.

        --- In nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jones <jonesmr@...> wrote:

        > Did everyone in the group leave the planet and for get to tell me? LOL  It's not yet December 2012!
        >
        > It sure is quiet.
        >
        > Mike Jones

      • Bob
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
          Hello Mike

          Our snow went away & it's spring again this week in OKC . I just don't have much to say yet . Norman Flute Circle this friday . . . if you want to drive that far for 2 hours ? <S> All of you are always welcome when you are up this way .

          Have a Wonderful day .
          Bob

          FYI - I am feeling much better . Thank You so much for everyone's support . It means alot .

        • Mike Jones
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
            Ah, I'm starting to fell better now that I know I'm not alone! ;)

            It's the journey, not the destination, right? Well, I think I'll have
            to pass on this one unless I am in the area. Though, it could be a
            very interesting journey to travel around to the various flute circles
            and makers' workshops. Sure would be neat to meet the friends I only
            know via the internet.

            Glad your feeling better,

            Mike Jones

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
              I'm in lots of groups and no one is using their computer. I imagine it's
              because of the news of a destructive computer worm due on April fools day.
              I only turned mine on for a few minutes to see that there's no email from
              anyone.

              Lucille

              wrote:

              > Did everyone in the group leave the planet and for get to tell me? LOL
              > It's not yet December 2012!
              >
              > It sure is quiet.
              >
              > Mike Jones

            • tejasmed
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                I have another theory, maybe they are all working on their income tax.
                At least I was most of the day.

                Tejas Med
              • Clif Dawson
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 1, 2009
                  Yes. I'm on Lagrange one myself. Just passing over
                  Africa now. I'm watching the Weather Gods play with
                  you all down there.

                  Clif

                  Did everyone in the group leave the planet and for get to tell me? LOL It's not yet December 2012!

                  It sure is quiet.

                  Mike Jones

                • cedarfluteman
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
                    Well I have been out of tune with flutemaking lately. I had to put my pet dog of 17 years down just the other day and now I just don't seem to care about much of anything. I don't even feel like picking a flute up? Really weird for me because there is hardly a day go by I'm not making or playing my flutes. I will get back to it sooner or later but for now it's kinda tough.
                    Carl

                  • BETHBLUEJEEP@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
                      In a message dated 4/2/2009 5:06:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                      cedarfluteman@... writes:

                      Well I have been out of tune with flutemaking lately. I had to put my pet
                      dog of 17 years down just the other day and now I just don't seem to care about
                      much of anything. I don't even feel like picking a flute up? Really weird
                      for me because there is hardly a day go by I'm not making or playing my flutes.
                      I will get back to it sooner or later but for now it's kinda tough.
                      Carl

                      So sorry to hear this Carl, have been there myself. Our companion pets do
                      become a large part of us don't they? Maybe soon you will pick up a flute and
                      compose a song that reminds you of this dog's Spirit and always remember it in
                      a good way always.
                      Peaceful Blessings,
                      Beth
                      **************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
                      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433304x1201394525/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
                      eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540718%3B35046385%3Be)

                    • airencoch
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
                        Whee what a trip, passed saturn just before a huge storm hit. The trip to andromena was pretty uneventful except for the weird meteor field we had to snake through. did sell some flutes to the homies though. Hope everyone had a great april first.
                        Bryant

                        > Did everyone in the group leave the planet and for get to tell me? LOL  It's not yet December 2012!
                        >
                        > It sure is quiet.
                        >
                        > Mike Jones

                      • Steve
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
                          Carl, We had to do the same not long ago. We had a beautiful and regal aussie shepard mix whose spirit I know is waiting for me. She loved to hear me play the flute. It's a amazing how these creatures touch our hearts. Someday, not too soon I hope, I expect to she her again on long walks together.
                          regards,
                          Steve
                        • Daniel Bingamon
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 2, 2009
                            Andromeda! How do you spend that long time between the
                            galaxies? Not a star for many many light years.

                            At 09:09 AM 4/2/2009, you wrote:

                            >Whee what a trip, passed saturn just before a huge storm hit. The
                            >trip to andromena was pretty uneventful except for the weird meteor
                            >field we had to snake through. did sell some flutes to the homies
                            >though. Hope everyone had a great april first.
                            >Bryant
                            >
                            > > Did everyone in the group leave the planet and for get to tell
                            > me? LOL It's not yet December 2012!
                            > >
                            > > It sure is quiet.
                            > >
                            > > Mike Jones

                          • David
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 6, 2009
                              Hello Mike. I am still here and yes I still have your beautiful piece of black bamboo patiently waiting of me to do something with it. I have been very busy and have not had much hobby time. Plus, it has been down right cold in the shop but warm weather is on the way. I haven't been a total flute making sloth though, I am getting very close to being done with my first flute. Hope you are doing well.

                              dd

                              --- In nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jones <jonesmr@...> wrote:

                              > Did everyone in the group leave the planet and for get to tell me? LOL  It's not yet December 2012!
                              >
                              > It sure is quiet.
                              >
                              > Mike Jones

                            • Mike Jones
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 6, 2009
                                That might be the time to pull a chair up to the nice cozy fireplace
                                and carve a few totems in preparation for some new flutes to put them
                                on! If not carving, then reading and preparing for the big thaw.
                                Anyways, you have been participating in the group and that is also
                                valuable.

                                Mike Jones

                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 6, 2009
                                  Well I've certainly got the reading part down. Nothing like cold weather to get caught up on old post. I did forget to mention that we went through a 3 month major kitchen remodel that consumed much of my time and sanity. In the process, learned that my cabinet maker's father makes dulcimers and guitars for fun. If you live in Kentucky, you gotta know someone who makes dulcimers. :)

                                  --- In nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Jones" <jonesmr@...> wrote:

                                  > That might be the time to pull a chair up to the nice cozy fireplace
                                  > and carve a few totems in preparation for some new flutes to put them
                                  > on! If not carving, then reading and preparing for the big thaw.
                                  > Anyways, you have been participating in the group and that is also
                                  > valuable.
                                  >
                                  > Mike Jones

                                • michael beck wilkins
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 7, 2009
                                    David LOL!!!!!!!!!!! those mountain dulcimer makers get everywhere I and a friend I have taught! make them on a regular basis, thinking about trying to get a group together here in Argyll Scotland,

                                    mick

                                    --- In nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dadicks@...> wrote:

                                    > Well I've certainly got the reading part down. Nothing like cold weather to get caught up on old post. I did forget to mention that we went through a 3 month major kitchen remodel that consumed much of my time and sanity. In the process, learned that my cabinet maker's father makes dulcimers and guitars for fun. If you live in Kentucky, you gotta know someone who makes dulcimers. :)
                                    >
                                    > --- In nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Jones" <jonesmr@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > That might be the time to pull a chair up to the nice cozy fireplace
                                    > > and carve a few totems in preparation for some new flutes to put them
                                    > > on! If not carving, then reading and preparing for the big thaw.
                                    > > Anyways, you have been participating in the group and that is also
                                    > > valuable.
                                    > >
                                    > > Mike Jones

                                  • David
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 7, 2009
                                      Mick, Funny how music and instruments brings the world together. As for me, I better stick to learning to make flutes for a long while before I think about making something else :)
                                      dd