Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] log

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
      --- In nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com, "tejasmed"
      <tejasmed@...> wrote:

      > The log was good quality cedar. About 100 lbs.
      > Had to use the excuse that my back was out.
      >
      > Anyway, Larry Evans is going to have to explain what is the best
      way to use
      > it. It is either going to make one or two flutes, or a whole lot
      of
      > totems. Or both. We're going to have to use a chain saw, maybe
      the table
      > saw, and the band saw and scroll saw to work this log.
      >
      > The subdivision was still composting all the IKE trees.
      > There is enough oak logs sitting out there to keep 20 log cabins
      warm for
      > the rest of the winter.
      >
      > We found some interesting pecan branch blanks.
      >

      > Donn Shands
      > Tejas Medicineman

      Ahhh Pecan,That stuffs getting really expensive,I thaught the pecan
      was invented in texas,lol,state tree and all,where i grew up in south
      Ft worth they were everywere,lots of groves of different
      varieties,most people had at least one in their yard,dont know why
      its gotten so high,sorta like beef i guess,lol,make some fine birds
      though.