Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Cuts N Bruises

  • lisa_ron_perry
    Message 1 of 32 , May 31, 2008

      I work in a cabinet shop. The saw you are referring to is called a saw
      stop. Street price for the basic cabinet saw is $3,200.00. The brake
      if set off is $80.00, which is considerably less than amputated
      fingers. Go to sawstop.com and watch the hot dog demo, the blade drops
      out in five thousands of a second.
    • ebarbarash@aol.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 1, 2008
        sawstop-

        if this is the saw which stops from cutting off fingers/parts by picking up
        the electric field around body parts- like around meat- and stops the blade
        before damage is done-

        it is the real thing.

        it works.

        it has my endorsement as far as i am experienced with it - I remember it
        from working in NYC and Upstate NY utility companies

        ellie barbarash (MS/CPEA/Industrial Safety).

        Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.