Re: sanding the inside

  • tim_user
    Message 1 of 8325 , Sep 1, 2000
      That's very cool that you're hand-carving your
      first flute! I didn't mine, but plan to do one that way
      someday. If you decide to "burn" the holes rather than
      drill them, be sure to check with others here, or read
      some of the back-posts about the toxicity of the smoke
      from some of the woods.<br><br>As far as making the
      inside smooth, I would definitely make sure that at
      least 1-1/2" or so from the TSH towards the foot is as
      smooth as possible. The rest I would too, but at least
      that first portion. It probably isn't "real"
      important, since stuff like that will give each flute it's
      own character.<br><br>Dusty, and some of the others
      will probably have some better input on
      that.<br><br>-tim
    • Larry Odegard
      Message 8325 of 8325 , Mar 20, 2008
        There's all kind of drawings with dimensions in the
        file section. Just check it out.

        Larry O.

        --- michael beck wilkins <iain@...>
        wrote:

        > all I want is some basic measurements to get going
        > with, I have a
        > lathe so can turn and bore the wood in one piece but
        > I desperately
        > need drawings with dimensions to get started

        Larry Odegard

        Choose to have a great day!

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs