Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Re: Flute exchange

  • Tim (Flak Magnet) G.
    Message 1 of 106 , Aug 2, 2006
      On Tuesday 01 August 2006 15:05, Dan wrote:
      > Like Dennis, I am also wondering if we should have any guidelines or rules
      > involved, so nobody gets a flute they wouldn't want.

      I think that everyone should make the flute the way they make their flutes...
      If someone doesn't want to "risk" getting something they wouldn't have chosen
      on thier own, then they shouldn't participate.

      IMO this should be a way for people to expand their appreciation for the
      NA-style flutes by seeing something they otherwise wouldn't have.

      Just my $.02.

      Tim (Flak Magnet) G.
      Flak Magnet's Miniatures
      www.flakmagnet.com
    • Beverly Nadelman
      Message 106 of 106 , May 12, 2009
        I wasn't going to write on this issue since I am among the 97% that doesn't/hasn't yet participated in the flute exchange. I am also on a slow hookup, have little time and get my mail in digest form. Therefore I have to scroll past all the posts that are not of direct interest, including, usually, stuff about the exchange, about flute festivals, meetings, circles, good natured teasing, etc.

        SO WHAT!

        OK, I understand that it is harder for those who read at the website, but picking a subject of interest and following the thread would seem to work as well there as it does for me in the digest.

        So I haven't yet been enough ahead of real life to participate in the exchange. I hope to one day, and I like knowing about them. I wouldn't follow on another line. I wouldn't join another line.

        There really are enough things about which to take umbrage in real life without embroiling ones self in hissy fits about minor inconveniences, dontcha think?

        Beverly

        Walk in beauty on your path.