Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Re: Inlays

  • James Brohard
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2004
      Usually it may take building up above the surface, filing and sanding smooth with the surface and then either using more inlay to finish off the small holes or you can just use the super glue to coat it (several coats) then sand again. Ideally once it's filled with clear material either your finish or the super glue, you can then use a finishing coat sanding between coats and the final result with be a smooth surface.

      It's time consuming but not that difficult.

      Did the pictures make it to you?

      I used a diamond cutting wheel to cut out the solid pieces such as the Mother of Pearl and the Abalone.

      You have a great New Year also.

      James

      From: James Brohard

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Larry Evans
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2005
        Hi James,
        No I didn't get the pictures because I think the web site strips
        all attachments. If you want to send it directly to me
        use larry@... .
        Thanks,
        Larry