shaping the tsh

  • Bill Hughes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      Tony,

      I read your message two different ways. Are you asking about the TSH
      or the SAC exit hole? If you mean the TSH then I would say this. I
      use a cross slide vice and a 3/32 end mill. Two or three passes back
      and forth in your drill press and you have a perfect tsh with rounded
      ends. I use Grobet files to square the ends of this slot using the
      sides of the files. I really like this method and it works on wide
      TSH's really well. The small Grobet warding files will fit into the
      narrow slot. Of course you could use a 1/8" end mill and any old
      hardware store mill file.

      Bill