Re: inlace

  • Dusty
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
      Harmonica plays like a champ with native flute. Since most of these
      flutes are tuned to minor pentatonic scales, you MUST add at least one
      Native flute to your collection. The first time I ever jammed with
      another musician it was with a harmonica player I had just met who
      played an "E" blues harp. I had an E flute. We played until both
      instruments were fill with spit and just wouldn't keep playing. It was
      great. I asked what the tune was that he was playing and he replied "I
      dunno. I was keeping up with you!" What a rush. Real magic.
    • Dusty
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
        If you can't find inlace, you can make your own using turquoise chips
        or malachite chips and cyanoacrylate glue. I crush turquoise with
        plyers to get a variety of chip sizes. (Some greenish turquoise stones
        will turn to white powder which I avoid.)

        apply the crushed chips to the excavated wood and then place a drop
        of thin cyanoacrylate to the chips. It wicks into the stone very well
        but often it also wicks into porous wood and can effect a later
        finish. There are several thicknesses of cyanoacrylate and using the
        thicker stuff you can make a thin paste of wood dust (for variety of
        color) and glue then apply that to small areas using toothpicks. It
        kicks quickly

        Question: what is the liquid base of inlace?
      • Ron Eakins
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
          Grizzly has it in their big catalog. Or go to http://www.grizzly.com
          put Inlace in the search box.

          augsjoy wrote:

          > i was looking for a sorce for getting a product called INLACE for
          > bowls i turn.i am not a spammer and find the site quite
          > interesting,if fact i might try your projects after a learn a little
          > bit about it.if anyone could give some knowledge on where to get it
          > i would appreciate it.as for me i am a harmonica player and
          > collector.i do a presentation with them .my collection exceeds 160
          > different kinds.i also am a semi retired carpenter contractor.
          > inlace is used for decorating bowls--thanks

        • jonjb2a
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
            - Real magic.

            <Yup. Definitely real magic. I'd like to be so lucky, especially since
            I also play harmonica, as well as NAF.

            Jonjb
          • augie lehmann
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 15, 2006
              I cannot find INLACE on shelves around here,Woodcrafters used to carry
              it but not any more.email me or post it augman@...