56367Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] Tuning ?

  • kuzinbruce
    Apr 9, 2014
      Well Bob, the fact that you have this going on with all your flutes suggest you're probably doing one thing wrong, most likely the sound hole, or better, the edge placement. It's a good thing in that if you find the one problem you may have the cure for all your flutes.
       Without seeing the flute my guess is you probably have the edge too high in the air stream. It may be too sharp to boot.
       Could be other elements such as too much flue depth but my first check would be edge position. The problem being the higher notes is a clue.
       Have fun,
      In a message dated 4/9/2014 2:58:39 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, rnrjeffre@... writes:

      I'm being perplexed by an ongoing occurrence that is happening in my tuning of flutes and thought I might get sage advice from you ladies and gentlemen.When I  tune my flutes I'm-starting  out with clear and consistent fundamental. Then when I burn the finger holes there seems to be no problems with The One,two ,or three holes but then things seem to go off track. Holes four ,five and six seem to lose volume or seem to have some interferance.Let me add this to the mix the bore diameter or the tuning method doesn't seem to be a factor as I've encountered this 1/2 "-11/8" bores .I have also used flutopedia ,the1/3 method ,Keith's method from his book.Hope I've given enough information,Bob
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic