      From: "edward.kort@..." <edward.kort@...>
      To: nativeflutewoodworking@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [Native Flute Woodworking] RE: Understanding NAFlutomat Design tool

      Hi FishDoc,

      WWIDesigner (woodwind instrument designer) is my next-generation (actually several generations) version of NAFlutomat. It has a much more sophisticated (and accurate) tone-calculation engine, And a constraints-based, goal-seeking optimizer for push-button flute design.

      However, WWIDesigner is not ready for distribution. Lots of representational (UI) work to do. And it is not just for NAFs. One collaborator is interested in whistles (Irish, etc.), another in the single reeds (sax, etc.).

      I had thought to release it in this time frame. But I have gotten caught up in flute making, playing, and teaching (and a lot of golf). So I won't even venture a guess on a release date. But I have been successfully using it to make NAFs for about a year.

      Edward Kort
      Wood Wind

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic