Fw: Easy Tick Removal (with soap)

  • Sal Camarillo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2012

      --- On Tue, 5/1/12, T K <anahuy59@...> wrote:

      From: T K <anahuy59@...>
      Subject: Easy Tick Removal (with soap)
      Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 3:27 PM

      Easy Tick Removal (with soap)

      Just in case you need this you never know! Tick removal for people and
      animals.............
      Spring will be here soon and the ticks will soon be showing their
      heads. Here is a good way to get them off you, your children, or your
      pets. Give it a try. Please forward to anyone with children... or hunters or dogs,
      or anyone who even steps outside in summer!! A School Nurse has
      written the info below -- good enough to share -- And it really works!! A pediatrician
      says she believes it's the best way to remove a tick. This is great,  because it
      works in those places where it's some times difficult to get to with
      tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair,
      etc. Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked
      cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20), the tick will come out on its own
      and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.This technique
      has worked every time I've used it (and that was frequently), and it's much less
      traumatic for the patient and easier for me. Unless someone is
      allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way.
      I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her back
      and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this method and immediately
      called me back to say, "It worked!"

      Please pass on. Everyone needs this helpful hint.